It's 11 PM, do you know where your line arrows are?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool

Contributor
Reaction score
:D

The real question is, where do you carry/stow your line arrows, cookies, clothespins, roach clips, etc?

Right now, mine are on my necklace. The plus side of that is that there is no additional "stuff" added to my gear just to carry line markers on. For me, there is also a negative, in that it seems to take an inordinate amount of time to remove the arrows & cookies when it comes time to use them.

I am interested in options, so fire away.

Carry mine clipped off in a pocket.

I have a boltsnap with about 4" of bungie on it with a knot on the end. My arrows and cookies are on the bungie. If I'm on a dive where I may need them. they are in my right pocket. If I do need them I clip off the bungie to my right shoulder D-ring.

I had a pic somewhere..........If I can find it I'll post it.

Tavi:
I have a boltsnap with about 4" of bungie on it with a knot on the end. My arrows and cookies are on the bungie. If I'm on a dive where I may need them. they are in my right pocket. If I do need them I clip off the bungie to my right shoulder D-ring.

I had a pic somewhere..........If I can find it I'll post it.

I do the same...
here goes a picture of mine.

I do the bungee/latex tubing thing too. Hold the arrows and pull the bungee, and the bungee will shrink enough to slide the arrows off. When you release the bungee, it should be tight enough to hold the arrows in place.

I start off with them in my right pocket, on a 5" piece of rubber tubing thats clipped to the bungee loop. But I have another bit of rubber tubing, maybe 3" long, coming off my right Scout light SS clip that I can put them on short-term. I've lost arrows because its a PITA at that time to open the pocket, juggle the lighthead, line, etc. to pull out the rubber tube and snork the arrow back onto it. So, now I snork them onto the short bit instead. Some guys use their light cords but I don't like waving them around that much. Whatever works, works...but IMHO its a bit cleaner to have most of them in your pocket most of the time...

at the moment, they're in my luggage, awaiting friday's flight to akumal. :)

when diving, they're on a short piece of bungie/clip like the others, in right pocket until needed, then i'll clip to shoulder d-ring the 1st time I need it.

Mine are on the necklace, but the bungee is a little thinner. I looked all over for bungee that was thin enough to make dealing with arrows and cookies easy, but not so thin that they wanted to fall off. I do arrows on the left and cookies on the right.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found this batch of bungee.

I tried one of those surgical tubing on a boltsnap things from EE, but ended up not liking it, everywhere I clipped it, it seemed to snag on somthing.

Mark Vlahos

I usually carry three on a little piece of surgical tubing that's zip-tied to the right shoulder strap just above the D-ring. Extras are on a piece of surgical tubing in a pocket.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom