isolator manifold, 300 or 200 bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goatboy_k

Reaction score
here's a question for the tank guys,

i am thinking of doubling my tanks up, right now i have 2 old lp104's and 2 lp72's

i have been looking at manifolds and noticed that they come either the 300 bar din only or 200 bar din/yoke conversion disk format.

i have apeks ds4 first stages that are yoke right now that i am planning on switching over to din when i make the doubles. These din conversions for apeks are i belive listed at 300 bar

so heres the question, if i get the manifold that is 200 bar din/yoke convertible will the apeks 1st stage fit them or do i need the large 300 bar manifold.

also im having trouble finding sources for bands for 72's the only place ive seen is RG machine

http://members.aol.com/mrdeco/page/index.htm

is there anyone else that makes bands for 72's

and suggestions on double 104's 72's and manifolds would be great, as well as bands and suggested wings for these tanks (oxycheq?).

kurt

goatboy_k once bubbled...
so heres the question, if i get the manifold that is 200 bar din/yoke convertible will the apeks 1st stage fit them or do i need the large 300 bar manifold....

Yes.

You can fit a 300 bar reg in a 200 (actually 232) bar valve. You can't fit a 200 bar reg in a 300 bar valves. Makes sense, really.

Nick

goatboy_k once bubbled... here's a question for the tank guys,

i am thinking of doubling my tanks up, right now i have 2 old lp104's and 2 lp72's

i have been looking at manifolds and noticed that they come either the 300 bar din only or 200 bar din/yoke conversion disk format.

i have apeks ds4 first stages that are yoke right now that i am planning on switching over to din when i make the doubles. These din conversions for apeks are i belive listed at 300 bar

so heres the question, if i get the manifold that is 200 bar din/yoke convertible will the apeks 1st stage fit them or do i need the large 300 bar manifold.

also im having trouble finding sources for bands for 72's the only place ive seen is RG machine

http://members.aol.com/mrdeco/page/index.htm

is there anyone else that makes bands for 72's

and suggestions on double 104's 72's and manifolds would be great, as well as bands and suggested wings for these tanks (oxycheq?).

kurt
I've got 200 Bar manifolds and if I had it to do over, I'd get the 300 Bar manifolds. The ability to use yoke regulators on the manifold hasn't even come up for me and every dive shop I have been to has had the DIN adapter. If I was traveling, I'd get my own adapter so I could get them filled at any shop.

Yes, the 300 Bar regulators fit in the 200 Bar manifolds with a bit of thread showing.

They cost the same at Diver's Supply.

http://www.divers-supply.com/listItems.asp?displayType=Across&Search=RegSearch

Roman can make good bands for you. His email is:
mrdeco@aol.com
He made two great sets for me and I'll be contacting him if I ever need any more.

I use a 45 pound wing with my 80s (wet) and 72s (dry) and it is enough for me. I think a 40 might be better with the 80s and 72s.

thanks for the info on the din issue

the roman guy is the same as the link i listed, his stuff looks good and is pretty cheap compared to other bands ive seen, is there anyone else that sells bands in this size, also i noticed on his website that he lists the spacing on several of the mentioned manifolds, is there an advantage to going with a wider or narrower spacing manifold, of course if i buy a really narrow one that just fits the 72's it would never work with my 104's but is a really wide one better to space the tanks out. how does this affect things. ive havn't heard much said about this on the board, seems like everyone just buys a manifold and bands to match, no one really talks about advantages of spacing differently????????

also ive noticed that some of the manifolds use different types of o rings on the center section. what is the advange of both systems?

thanks again for everyone's help

kurt

goatboy_k once bubbled... thanks for the info on the din issue

the roman guy is the same as the link i listed, his stuff looks good and is pretty cheap compared to other bands ive seen, is there anyone else that sells bands in this size, also i noticed on his website that he lists the spacing on several of the mentioned manifolds, is there an advantage to going with a wider or narrower spacing manifold, of course if i buy a really narrow one that just fits the 72's it would never work with my 104's but is a really wide one better to space the tanks out. how does this affect things. ive havn't heard much said about this on the board, seems like everyone just buys a manifold and bands to match, no one really talks about advantages of spacing differently????????

also ive noticed that some of the manifolds use different types of o rings on the center section. what is the advange of both systems?

thanks again for everyone's help

kurt
The Sea Elite manifolds with the piston-type seals are what I use. I wouldn't trust the face seals on the old OMS manifolds.

I gave Roman the diameter (and the circumference in case I botched the math) of my tanks and the minimum spacing that my manifold would adjust to. He took care of the rest.

I space the tanks as closely as the manifold will let me. There is quite a bit of adjustment range in the manifold.

Roman was recommended to me and gave great service. I've found no need to look further.

I don't have a set of eight inch tanks doubled, Perhaps the big tanks would be the determining factor in that case. I'm hoping someone will jump in on that.

are good chit.

I've got two sets and waiting on a response from him on several more sets. Nicely priced and very nice construction - no complaints here.

Back
Top Bottom