Question Isobaric counter diffusion in CC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is how the "theoretical" loop mix looks like by switching from 11/74 to 21/35 to 40/0 to 100/0, with set point 1.3:

1725473336833.png

And here it is how it looks like by keeping 11/74 all the way with setpoint 1.3:

1725473351807.png

I’m confused why dil switching on ascent has any effect on helium in the loop…when is dil being added on ascent or during deco?

I was taught that dil switching was done so that you would no longer have hypoxic gas plugged in to your bov or dil mav where it is no longer safe to add

there have been a lot of threads on this topic. see this comment:

I’m confused why dil switching on ascent has any effect on helium in the loop…when is dil being added on ascent or during deco?

I was taught that dil switching was done so that you would no longer have hypoxic gas plugged in to your bov or dil mav where it is no longer safe to add

Dil switching is "way above" the dives I'm trained for, but those who advocate it does dil-flush when changing, so that's when the dil is added.

Here is how the "theoretical" loop mix looks like by switching from 11/74 to 21/35 to 40/0 to 100/0, with set point 1.3 until 21m and then 0.5:

And here it is how it looks like by keeping 11/74 all the way with setpoint 1.3 until 21m and then 0.5 up to surface:

Why tf are you running 0.5 on deco?
Who taught you that?

Your opinions are no longer valid, please listen to experienced people.

Why tf are you running 0.5 on deco?
Who taught you that?

Your opinions are no longer valid, please listen to experienced people.
SP on 0.5, I manage pO2 manually in the last 15-20m to manage minimum loop. From what I have seen, this is common practice with eCCR. Do you do differently?

Correct but you do a loop flush every time you switch dil

i dont. that sounds like a waste of gas. for what reason?
I am not saying this is the right way; just one of 2 school of thought. The main reasons for those doing dil switches during ascent are these:

• With a BOV+dilout configuration, it yields a consistent BO procedure, regardless of depth.
  • Periodic verification of cells at a PO2 that is above the operating point
  • Maximally efficient off-gassing of He
  • The dil flush may reduce the presence/likelihood of condensation on one or more sensors without wrecking the PO2.

Back
Top Bottom