ISO Halcyon Evolve 40 lb doubles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to buy a used halcyon evolve 40 lb wing! Seems there are only brand new ones on the interweb.

A word of advice: check the stitching to make sure it doesn't suffer from the problem that some early Evolve 40s apparently did, where the stitching would eventually start unraveling. I bought a lightly used one, and after a year or so I had to have it repaired. When I bought a second one (for my wife), I bought it new.

A word of advice: check the stitching to make sure it doesn't suffer from the problem that some early Evolve 40s apparently did, where the stitching would eventually start unraveling. I bought a lightly used one, and after a year or so I had to have it repaired. When I bought a second one (for my wife), I bought it new.

Those ones have red lettering that say "doing it right". I have one of them with fraying @ upper inside of shell (just need to aquaseal). My later ones show no fraying. Sorry I don't want to sell them, just echoing advice on what to look for in used ones.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice!! Where is the red lettering located?

Where the back of your head would be.

So, I purchased his wing brand new, it is completely different from the photo, the first is the one on their site, the second is the one I got. It does say "doing it right" but not in red, will this unravel over time? I also hate that it is blue. I might return, but the shop said the 20th anniversary is even better and I got a deal.... What's your opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_7032.PNG
    IMG_7032.PNG
    256.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7034.JPG
    IMG_7034.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 133
I'm not familiar with the "20th anniversary edition" (2016). The one I said started fraying indeed had the red lettering that divad referred to. I'm guessing the fraying problem was particular to the earliest Evolve 40s, and by 2016 they had fixed the problem. But that's just my speculation.

That's a new one, no worries about unravelling. Not sure how the anniversary version is "better"...........hey, if you like the black version ask for that one. Its your money.

Cool! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom