ISO conditions At Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a heads up on lake conditions down past the 100' depth. Mainly a vis report.

Thanks in advance
Dave

I believe the lake is turning over, but it may have finished by now. I was at Mansfield a week ago and it smelled horrible, but the viz from the surface down was not bad at all - about 10'. I only made it down to 80' that night because my buddy didn't have any fins on (don't ask). The week before that we had to go down to 115' to around find clear water, but the smell was gone at that depth. Basically if you go deep enough you will find viz that reaches as far as your light.

vis was starting to open at ~110-115'. We turned the dive right at that point tho, unfortunately...buddy had an issue.

Pretty nasty right above the clear stuff, tho. Maybe 1' vis going down the gold line.

Heard you got to meet Kenny P in FL...

cyklon_300:
vis was starting to open at ~110-115'. We turned the dive right at that point tho, unfortunately...buddy had an issue.

Pretty nasty right above the clear stuff, tho. Maybe 1' vis going down the gold line.

Heard you got to meet Kenny P in FL...

Gregg thanks for the heads up on the lake conditions. Yes had the pleasure of meeting Kenny P. Very Very nice guy, the world would be a better place if there were more people like him in it. Hows your buddy's UTI ? Was reading the posting on the Decostop. I have heard about this before. Evil stuff. When you heading back to Florida? I think we may go back in Feb.

Thanks again
Dave

Back
Top Bottom