Island Divers revisited...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say I know who your talking about and I have never seen her ignore any customer. The first rule of thumb is to greet our customers. I'm not saying that she didn't help the other people but if she just happend to come out of the office and help the people that came in there to look for her then ask for help. I don't think that she ignored you because for one she is not that kind of employee/dive instructor.

And I don't think it's very dive like of you to be bad mouthing any dive shop on here. People come into our shop complaining about another shop and we say nothing. It is our job as dive professionals to make the whole diving experience ENJOYABLE! I'm sorry you felt like nobody was helping you but maybe there were other issues that aren't being pointed out in this topic of discussion. Let's just keep it at that. Your entitled to your opinion... but bashing is not an opinion.

I came I saw, I left. At the request of the owner, I came back and got the same crap. Not once, not twice not even three times...At this point, it aint bashing, its fact.

SKTIDH:
Let's just say I know who your talking about and I have never seen her ignore any customer. The first rule of thumb is to greet our customers. I'm not saying that she didn't help the other people but if she just happend to come out of the office and help the people that came in there to look for her then ask for help. I don't think that she ignored you because for one she is not that kind of employee/dive instructor.

And I don't think it's very dive like of you to be bad mouthing any dive shop on here. People come into our shop complaining about another shop and we say nothing. It is our job as dive professionals to make the whole diving experience ENJOYABLE! I'm sorry you felt like nobody was helping you but maybe there were other issues that aren't being pointed out in this topic of discussion. Let's just keep it at that. Your entitled to your opinion... but bashing is not an opinion.

I'm a fan of Island Divers, that being said.....

It sounds as if you weren't there during the incident that Wildcard is speaking about, so your defending on your perception of the employee's reputation.

When Wildcard was in the store it was as a customer, not a dive professional, so what's the point about dive professionals making it an enjoyable experience? Sounds as if your preaching.

When we come to the point that we are blaming customers for poor customer service, then the focus of the business has been lost.

It's simple, the goal of any business is to make $$; Sales=$$; poor customer service, means no sales, means no $$.

One last thought.....Who do you think defines customer service?

I'm just stating that he made it seem like we only cater the tech divers and that's not true. I've worked with Island Divers for 2 years now and I've never come across an incident like this. Some times things happen. Guess this isn't one of those "good" times. Sorry that it was something that made a customer feel negative towards our shop. I assure you that this isn't a regular occurance.

That's all I have to say.

It has happened to me there but I don't really care.

I just barge in and ask whatever it is I need to know. When I'm in a dive shop, I usually know what I want and will just go for it with the employees, whether or not they acknowledge me, are busy, whatever.

In some situations I require good customer service, so I know it is important.

My wife went into the new Hawaii Kai shop a few months ago. When I mentioned this thread to her, she said it was quite a while until someone paid any attention to her. She is not very assertive, but.................

I'll check it out for myself before making any assumptions.

I find it hard to believe that the employee you're talking about ignored you. The only way I could see that happening is if she was busy working with an off island customer on the phone, and believe me it can get very very hectic there when it comes to the phone and trying to coordinate charters, catering to the customers needs, and trying to make that damn computer system to work it's a major PITA. Who knows? She could have been stressed or preoccupied with what was going on with the job at hand.

I don't know about the rest the dive operations on the island, but I think IDH is probably the best on the island in my humble opinion. So many dive companys out there would rather say hello, take your money, give you a big smile, say things that you want to hear, and say thank you, which bugs the hell out of me. There's no Bull Sh** there.

Matt is a very genuine and sincere guy, he's always willing to work with his clients and if you actually talk to him he will rectify the problem. I like IDH because they have good people working there that will do what they can to help you, they've got great instructors, and a tight knit community with the staff and clientel.

If you have a complaint, bring it up with the company, instead of broadcasting it here.

Whale Whisperer:
I find it hard to believe that the employee you're talking about ignored you. The only way I could see that happening is if she was busy working with an off island customer on the phone, and believe me it can get very very hectic there when it comes to the phone and trying to coordinate charters, catering to the customers needs, and trying to make that damn computer system to work it's a major PITA. Who knows? She could have been stressed or preoccupied with what was going on with the job at hand.

I don't know about the rest the dive operations on the island, but I think IDH is probably the best on the island in my humble opinion. So many dive companys out there would rather say hello, take your money, give you a big smile, say things that you want to hear, and say thank you, which bugs the hell out of me. There's no Bull Sh** there.

Matt is a very genuine and sincere guy, he's always willing to work with his clients and if you actually talk to him he will rectify the problem. I like IDH because they have good people working there that will do what they can to help you, they've got great instructors, and a tight knit community with the staff and clientel.

If you have a complaint, bring it up with the company, instead of broadcasting it here.

I totally agree!

I give complements for good service and report bad service. This happened not once, twice, even three times but every single time I go in there.Im either ignored or I am refered to someone who is not there to answer a question who never returns calls. OK once in five visits requesting a call back.
Sorry y'all have your panties in a bunch about this. Matt asked for another chance, I gave it to him and was blown off AGAIN! Thats it, period, end of story. They will never get a penny from me. I should not have to barge in or run my mouth about renting doubles or some such nonsense to get someone to say hello.

Ok...I think everyone has said what they wanted to say...everything else would be a repeat...this thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom