Islamorada question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all...I'm working on my next Keys adventure (two weeks Nov 23 through Dec 8, I'm calling it "Wreck Tour 2008") And I'm looking into unproven grounds for me...Got a great op in Key Largo (Blue Water) and a great op in Marathon (Capt. Hook's) so those area's are covered.

I'm planning on using Innerspace in Big Pine (to dive the Busch), but don't have a good reference for Islamorada (to dive the Eagle), I've seen Rainbow Reef and that's it, anyone else worth checking out?

Thank you everyone!

Actually there are four other shops that dive the Eagle. Florida Keys Dive Center in Tavernier, Ocean Quest in Islamorada, Key Dives in Islamorada, and my shop Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier. Check with them to see when they are going out and maybe one of them will fit your schedule.

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Good Diving,

Florida Keys Dive Center is a great group of people and I know they go to the Eagle.

Actually there are four other shops that dive the Eagle. Florida Keys Dive Center in Tavernier, Ocean Quest in Islamorada, Key Dives in Islamorada, and my shop Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier. Check with them to see when they are going out and maybe one of them will fit your schedule.

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Good Diving,

I personally find this impressive. Here's a person with the integrity to offer a potential customer all of the options including the competition. That kind of honesty would earn my business without question.

I personally find this impressive. Here's a person with the integrity to offer a potential customer all of the options including the competition. That kind of honesty would earn my business without question.

That's normal for the Keys, which is why I keep coming back...the competition always helps the competition! The operator's I've used all seem to work together, and if something doesn't fit, they'll help you find someone else so it does!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Gary, I like the fact that you hit the Eagle as afternoon dives (we're basing out of Marathon again) A lot of people do the wrecks in the AM and reefs in the PM...I'm sure I'll be in touch as I get closer to the trip!

Ben,

Gary & Brenda are good folks.

Let me know which day you're planning to dive the Eagle... I might just have to play hooky that day!

Works!!!

Best part about it...we booked the Holiday Inn in the 3rd through the 5th, so I'll be in touch about that! (SG and/or the Duane is on the list as well!) Not messing around with those dives like last year!

My wife and I just returned from a week of diving with Conch Republic. We dove the SG, Eagle and Duane, along with various reefs. They accomodated us well and scheduled the Eagle and Duane on the days we requested. Can't ask for better service.

I went diving with Conch Republic a couple of weeks ago and I can't say enough good things about them.

I agree - thanks for pointing this out. I had a great experience with Conch Republic and this reminds me I should go diving with them soon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom