Islamorada Accomodations & Dive Ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I can recommend Ocean Point Suites in Tavernier. Key Largo Hotels: Ocean Pointe Suites Key Largo hotels Florida Keys resorts suites condo rentals vacations packages getaways Although not technically in Islamorada, is very close and a very nice place right on the water. They also have a beach/snorkeling cove on site and a decent restaurant/barand a large pool and hot tub. They have nice 1 and 2 bedroom "suites that should fit the bill.
Also, Conch Republic, CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP" is very close, about 3 minutes down the road, and awesome. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with a bad word about Gary, Brenda, and the crew at Conch Republic. CR is top notch. They generaly run some kind of special (booking online), and give a 10% discount for Scuba Board members. If I remember, I paid $63. for each 2 tank dive trip, including tanks, and weight. You cant go wrong. Call Brenda if you want to stay at Ocean Point, she can almost always get you a better rate, than you can yourself.
Have fun,
Roger

Silent World Dive Center keeps a boat down there which allows you the best of the upper keys

Where is their boat docked?

Where is their boat docked?

From their website, the boat is in Tavernier at the following:

Silent WorldTavernier Dock
Directions to our Tavernier Location:

Head South on US through Tavernier. After you pass McDonalds and Blockbusters on the right, you will pass over Tavernier Creek. Turn Left at the traffic lights and immediately left again onto the access road running parallel to US1.

We are the 3rd property in after Florida Keys Dive Center and TowboatUS. Look for a gate with a tikki hut inside. The boat is called the "Get Wet

Conch Republic for diving, without question. We dive with them every time we're in the Keys.

Another thumbs up for Ragged Edge Resort. As mentioned, no beach, but the pool is nice and you have a fantastic view of the ocean side. If you want a beach, go across the A1 to the park beach for free. They also have a dog park and large pool.

As others have mentioned, Conch Repulic is the way to go for diving. The resort is another story with so many choices. I have stayed at Chesapeake Beach Resort and really liked it. They had a super friendly staff, nice beach area, clean rooms/comfortable beds, a two story tiki hut to hang out in with perfect views of the oceanside. The only negative is that the bathrooms are very tiny and a little dated in the garden rooms, but it wasn't really a big deal. There is mandatory resort fee of $18 a day which includes continental breakfast, hobiecat sailboats, kayaks, & bikes.

I was just watching a fishing show on the tube. They stayed at Pines & Palms Resort looks like a real nice place. Kind of what resorts looked like years ago. Might have to check it out next time I can make it south.

Al

Ck out Conch Republic and see what packages they can offer - as has been mentioned, the Keys are NOT the place to go for beaches, so don't let that be a factor in where you stay. :D

My fishing club uses Breezy Palms Resort when they are down there. I haven't stayed there personally, but I attended a beach banquet after a fishing seminar and it seemed very nice.

I am in Islamorada now. I am diving with Key Dives. They are great. Valet diving, max 6 divers to 1 guide. My niece was just certified and they did an outstanding job. Safe and fun.

I have been staying at the Islander in July for the past 3 years. Great place. About as close to a "beach" that you can find in the keys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom