ISABEL! A bad hurricane coming!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
What are your predictions regarding its track & behavior?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

It's scary for Florida now

DocVikingo once bubbled...

Best regards.

DocVikingo

If I was on either coast anywhere in Florida or Georgia, I'd be buying plyboard and nails. But I guess it could still head north, too?!

I really feel for those folks from the Leewards to the Bahamas. Isy looks bad all over!

DON

and holding our breaths that she stays up north of us like they predict. We still have a lot of "never been rebuilt" disasters from Hugo, and that was in '89.

Hope she turns north and out to sea and leaves everyone alone, but not very likely.

DocVikingo once bubbled...

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Latest info I have is she's now Cat 5 (argh!) and is quite a way out, off Anguilla.

Bermuda will be breathing a sigh of relief on this one - the path is tracking up past the Bahamas, but should be pretty tired and Cat 3 like by then....

Here is the latest Advisory on Isabel. http://weather.sun-sentinel.com/tropical/at200313.public.html

She looks to be going slightly north and I am breathing (for this advisory anyways) a small sigh of relief. I am an Andrew survivor. Not fun.

I do not live in an evacuation zone, so it's batten down the hatches if/when she approaches!

Hey, if ya'll dont want it around on the east coast, send it around to the west side.. we've got a plethora of cheap built houses and condos that seem to be showing up as quick as back yard sheds and its cluttering the place up!

Now here's the scary picture....

Storm Track

Marc

Yeah that is scary. Its not gone very north the last 2 advisories as predicted! Yikes
got my batteries last night, tenetively ready with other supplies...

Back
Top Bottom