Is your gear insured?

Is your gear insured?

• Nothing is insured

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Everything down to each little clip and D-ring!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Some of it's insured, but not everything

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Only flood insurance on cameras

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking at D.E.P.P. Do you have to get special coverage for flooding.

Or do you just get coverage that covers up to a certain value from varies things including theft, flooding, etc.?

I was looking at D.E.P.P. Do you have to get special coverage for flooding.

Or do you just get coverage that covers up to a certain value from varies things including theft, flooding, etc.?

You have to schedule out the items you want covered for flood. They charge an extra premium based on a percentage of that value of the item (I think it's 4%).

Here's their website: http://www.equipmentprotection.com/programs/depp.html

Feel free to email or telphone them. They are very straightforward about their coverage.

Bonne chance,

So if all my gear was covered, by home owners, auto, or travelers.

I could actually insure just my camera just for flood?

DAN sells equipment and camera insurance too. (Farmed out to some other company.)

grunzster once bubbled...
So if all my gear was covered, by home owners, auto, or travelers.

I could actually insure just my camera just for flood?

I think that, in order to insure your camera for flood insurance with DEPP, they require that you insure 1 "full set" of gear, consisting of minimally a BC, reg set, and 1 other item, for their basic insurance (they word it differently, but that's the idea). When I looked into getting insurance, I remember it being explained pretty clearly on their website, so I'd suggest checking there first.
To answer the question, my gear isn't currently insured outside of my homeowner's, but when I get a camera (which I'm looking at doing soon) I plan on insuring it all then.

Homeowners ins. should cover contents of vehicle. Secured means locked vehicle.

Personally, I dont trust insurance companies. Having recently had my truck, my wifes jeep, my neighbors cars, and others broken into in our condo's parking lot, there's been this insurance company finger pointing game. Neither covers anything but insist the other one does. I hope the whole ratty theiving slew of them go out of business and fold forever due to embezzlement issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom