Is this your attire???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KimLeece:
I saw a guy like that in Malaysia. He was 'really experienced' - 80 dives. He had all his own gear (everyone else was in rentals) and obviously thought a lot of it. Suffice to say - from the moment he hit the water he was a disaster. You couldn't get near him he was flailing about so much. Once we got down he couldn't control his bouyancy at all - so was constantly crashing into the abundant fire coral at the site. His only saving grace was that it didn't last long - he went through his tank in about 20 minutes (an AL100 at about 18 meters). He was a lot quieter on the boat on the way back though - and we didn't see him again afterwards!
*snort* That makes me giggle. I am reminded of the day I did a charity bike ride in Philadelphia a few years ago, and met up with a very well-dressed couple, wearing high-tech bike clothing, and holding matching state-of-the-art carbon fiber road bikes with high-performance wheels. They had half their annual salary right there in front of them. They looked distainfully at my 1986 bike, which is showing some wear by means of peeling paint and decals (but still does the job extremely well). An hour later, about 20 miles into the 50 mile ride, I saw their red, sweaty faces in the window of the sag wagon, getting a ride to the finish line.

SueMermaid:
*snort* That makes me giggle. I am reminded of the day I did a charity bike ride in Philadelphia a few years ago, and met up with a very well-dressed couple, wearing high-tech bike clothing, and holding matching state-of-the-art carbon fiber road bikes with high-performance wheels. They had half their annual salary right there in front of them. They looked distainfully at my 1986 bike, which is showing some wear by means of peeling paint and decals (but still does the job extremely well). An hour later, about 20 miles into the 50 mile ride, I saw their red, sweaty faces in the window of the sag wagon, getting a ride to the finish line.

That sort of stuff always gives me a sick sense of satisfaction. They try to hard to be something they aren't.

I call that a christmas tree diver...all the nice dangly ornaments...all he is missing is a star on his head and a hand full of candy canes

RIDIVER501:
I call that a christmas tree diver...all the nice dangly ornaments...all he is missing is a star on his head and a hand full of candy canes
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Ok, Just kidding..

But seriously, where do I attach my camera and speargun, along with the spare compressor and required rebuild kits? Does anyone consider that you don't have any pockets when you are using a backplate?

I bet that he doesn't need any extra weight to get down. He is missing hood and gloves.

LazyKevin:
Hard to shoot anything with a speargun with no spear......

Maybe he can throw the camera at the fish, or just wait until the fish sees him and dies laughing. Then he can just scoop the fish up and be on his way.

cancun mark:
This guy has three timing devices, two of which are computers, two alternative air sources, three surface signalling devices, crotch strap for scootering.......
and a partrage in a pear tree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom