Is this True?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
Looking on NOAA it says the water temp in Pensecola is 78.4 deg. F. The reason I want to know is because on March 24, 25, and 26 I will be in Pensecola, FL. If the water is this warm I'd love to make a dive or two if I could find a dive buddy. Will have to go by MBT to rent a couple of tanks. If any one is willing to take on an unknown basically nuby diver as a buddy let me know. Shore or boat dives are great with me. Thanks in advance.

I think the NOAA temperatures published come from buoys and are surface temperatures.

I could be wrong . . . as usual.

the K

I was in Pensacola a few weekends ago and dove in a 3mm Henderson and was just fine. The water temps were in the upper 60's.

I was in Pensacola last week. I didn't go to Pensacola Beach, but I did go to Navarre. I did a little snorkeling by the pier and didn't have on a wetsuit. It was a little chilly, and maybe for a dive a thin wet suit would be a good idea. I think Navarre is about the only shore dive available in that area right now, but it maxes out at about 20ft. I talked to a couple divers while I was there and they saw one puffer fish and I think that was about it. I ended up diving in the springs.

I still would like to do a dive just need to find a local dive buddy. We will be staying real close to Pensecola Beach.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom