Is this stuff usable? Is there any market for it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was given a bunch of scuba equipment by my father in law recently. It is all in excellent condition, but it's from the late 70's early 80's. I have;
1 double set- Aqualung/U.S. Divers Professional Aluminum Cylinder with manifold and ScubaPro backpack(yellow),
1 single- Aqualung/U.S. Divers Professional Aluminum Cylinder with ScubaPro backpack(yellow),
1 single- 50 cu. ft. with ScubaPro backpack(yellow),
2- ScubaPro steel tanks(unpainted) with ScubaPro backpacks,
2- Nemrod/Seamco pony tanks(orange),
1- octopus rig with 2 Swimaster MR12 regulators and a guage cluster that has a depth gauge/pressure guage/compass in it.
1- octopus rig with 1 Sherwood 2000 regulator, 1 ScubaPro regulator, & a pressure guage.
Various other equipment- flares,knife w/scabbard, depth gauge, some new valves that screw into the tank, a part that attaches to the manifold/valve on the tank, etc..

The VIP decals on the tanks are all from the late 70's- early 80's. These tanks have always been stored indoors (in his den in the house), and all were full of air until a few days ago. I emptied them to transport them(I didn't bleed the reserve air, so there is still some air in them). I know virtually nothing about scuba equipment, so any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Carefully photograph every item and list them on eBay separately. At least some of the stuff will sell. Worst case scenario - you lose several dollars for insertion fees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom