Is this set good and durable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought my Aquaride Blue Pro recently. I didn't have a chance to dive with it yet (my trip for this weekend got cancelled due to bad weather) but I love it.

How did you feel diving with it? I hope it was good.

I have the cressi r1 bcd (6 lbs) and have traveled extensively with it with no problems. If weight is an issue, the aquaride is over 50% heavier (9.65 lbs vs 6) than the r1 with no serious benefit that outweighs (no pun intended) the difference, that I can tell at least... have you looked at the r1?

The only difference that made me go for the Aquaride vs the R1 and the rear trim weight pockets.

That's the only difference I can tell between them. They are even made out of the same material. I doubt the Aquaride will be double the weight of the R1.

The only difference that made me go for the Aquaride vs the R1 and the rear trim weight pockets.

That's the only difference I can tell between them. They are even made out of the same material. I doubt the Aquaride will be double the weight of the R1.
R1 weight for size large is 6.83 lbs. Aquaride size large is 7.27 lbs. (per dealers manual specs)
R1 - 500 denier nylon cordura colorlock, & Aquaride - 420 denier nylon (per product page, comparison table lists both as Nylon 420 Denier. I think the error is on the table)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom