Is this photo real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds more like a CYA excuse than an explanation. I wonder just how many photographers have seen these threads and will read your response?

I think the Ford Seahorse Photo Contest just lost alot of fans.

Thanks Greg for your follow up. :thumb:

By now the picture police have most likely scared him off, but it is possible I suppose that maybe he died laughing at all the resident experts critique the digital reproduction of his work without having seen the original.

NetDoc once bubbled...
anyone can contact the photographer and let them come and defend themselves??? Or skulk away in shame, one. :tease:

Pete...I took this same photo over to Digital Diver to get their opinions. One of the members did some research and found this same fellows name in several other international contests, some with the same photo, but not contact information could be found.

unnamed photo shop master manipulator :confused:

some kid chill'n in his basement making world renouned photos through photo shop?

i don't have a digital camera, but have seen many a pix taken from one. never have i seen a legit pic have a focused/unfocused/and appears to be focused pattern.

like what the other guy said...no motion appears in the photo? at 1/15 or 1/30 of a second? impossible indeed, since we all know that mother earth doesn't stop for anybody for any reason...

but hell, i've been known to be wrong before :eek:

I've been in the "give the guy the benefit of the doubt" camp through this whole thread. Why not trust someone until proven otherwise? (and, like I said earlier, a very magnified inspection showed no smoking-gun evidence of fakery) However, i DO find it VERY hard to believe that a photo of this crispness could have been shot at 1/30 UW (unless the fish were dead, pinned to the coral and the camera was nailed to the photographer who was nailed to a post). I think I've tipped over to the other side...

M.
:no:

The only thing that I suspect, especially if the photo was taken with a 1/15-1/30 shutter, is that the photographer layed on the coral reef in order to take a good hold when taking the photograph. In my opinion no photo is worth killimg corals...
And there is also the chance that the photographer doesn't remember exactly which parameters he used to take the photo (shutter and aperture). Most photographers don't write this things on a slate for every photo, especially if they take hundreds of them...

Hello,

I contacted the site and told them this is a photoshop job plain and simple. Any 1st year photo students can tell this one is a fake. I did receive a reply stating they are looking into this matter and will take action accordingly.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom