Is this computer right for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does she have a sister? 😂
A married one. They are polar opposites though, so even if she was available....

If you take it down to simple math, you are probably better off buying the G1. Activity tracker with so many features and even the simplest dive computer (with only air and nitrox) would probably be more expensive than the G1.

Good call on the solar
Does anyone have real world experience on this yet about how long it will go between charges? I'm thinking about one. I've been a Suunto guy for a long time but thinking of switching over. My current watch is a Suunto Ambit 3 Peak which I only have to charge 1-2 times per month. The solar is very tempting!

Does anyone have real world experience on this yet about how long it will go between charges? I'm thinking about one. I've been a Suunto guy for a long time but thinking of switching over. My current watch is a Suunto Ambit 3 Peak which I only have to charge 1-2 times per month. The solar is very tempting!
I charge my G1 Solar once or twice a week when I get to about 3 days remaining on the display. I use the activity tracker 15-20 hours between charges for bike riding, tracking heart rate and Pulse Ox overnight. GPS use and logging several hours-long bike rides, tracking Pulse Ox and heart rate are pretty big power drains.

For diving, it could have lasted 7 days of diving, 2 dives a day (60-70 minute dives) however I charged it midway through our trip. I am not sure how big a deal the Solar is but I am sure it helps a little, especially in the Caribbean summer sunshine. No buyers remorse whatsoever as a dive computer and activity tracker. Best of all, the Garmin Connect App has my fitness age as 15 year younger than my biological age!

Please provide detailed steps on how to buy mk2i without the wife getting mad..... Asking for a friend.
I'm pretty amazed about my wife.

Startet showing her that I'm in the market for a new smartwatch and asked what looked better, the slate grey or the black solar. (Mentioning the 100 EUR price difference) Then i shower hat how much prettier a mk2s is as a g1. Mentioning the price difference on the side.

As i showed her how cool the mk2i looked with the added feature of AI (she's a nondiver) she didn't even blink at the price.

Now it's up to me to find out how much I really do need AI

Its all about the timing, where you are with what you have and need.

I already had a dive computer (or two) when I upgraded my Garmin Fenix to the 6X. I use it for MTB, Hiking and Golf along with boring things like steps and sleep tracking. So I didnt go Descent MK1.
Its my day to day companion and its doing its job 100% right now. I cannot justify buying a MK2i when I have invested in this already.

The G1 is a lot cheaper than the MK2 and does all the sports I need although it does them at the most basic level, the Fenix does everything at the richest full info level, big screen , color etc.
I believe the G1 has Golf these days, something they didnt allow on the normal Instinct the G1 is based upon.
I could sell my Fenix and recover a lot of the cost of a G1, Id have a functioning replacement with a dive computer at a reduced information level. Info one really does not need.
Problem is my old DC is air integrated so that means I must buy a MK2i to get the same features if I use it to replace that.

In fact it suits me perfectly, just wish I had a spare R32k lying around.

If you’re going to use it as a fitness watch, too, that sounds like it would work for you. My Apple
Watch was something like $350 and you can’t take it diving.
The apple watch ultra is supposed to be submersible to 50 meters. Oceanic even has an app thet will turn it into a dive computer. I thought about trying the app, but then figured out that my Apple watch is not an ultra and not waterproof.

The LDS has a wrist watch style computer for around $200. I think it's the Mares Puck Pro. Looks like Cressi has something in about that range as well. If I was diving once or twice a year, that's what I would do. I was going to get the Mares for my wife but then gave her my Oceanic PP4 and went to a Perdix 2.

Back
Top Bottom