Is this a good deal for an 80CF AL tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hambleto

Club Web Master
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
One of the LDS that I use is offering the following:
A brand new 80CF al yoke tank for $250 That price also includes a book of 50air fills that never expire.
There are other options for larger tanks and the price and quanity of air fills go up. To me it sounds pretty good, what do you think?
Thank you,
Ben

hambleto:
A brand new 80CF al yoke tank for $250 That price also includes a book of 50air fills that never expire.
There are other options for larger tanks and the price and quanity of air fills go up. To me it sounds pretty good, what do you think?
Thank you,
Ben

The best price I've seen for a new AL80 is $120 (and it's been a while for that), so that leaves $130 for 50 fills or $2.60 a fill. The fills are cheaper if the tank price is higher.

It sounds good to me unless they give free fills to their favorite customers anyway.

hambleto:
Thank you,
Ben

It just seems like your paying 130.00 in advance for your fills. If you only dive in the area of that dive shop I guess its fair..If you travel and get fills elsewhere forget it..!! Do you have a Sports Authority by you..I seem to remember last year at this time of year they were selling 80's for 89.00..

Barry

I bought 2 AL80's at Sports Authority before Christmas for $99.00 each, then got a $25.00 gift card for each tank (1 Gift card for every $100.00 spent).

Chris

chrisc:
I bought 2 AL80's at Sports Authority before Christmas for $99.00 each, then got a $25.00 gift card for each tank (1 Gift card for every $100.00 spent).

Chris

Including yoke/din valve?

hambleto:
Thank you,
Ben

It looks to me like they're selling you 50 air fills and giving you the tank for free. You can buy a tank for a lot less though,

ChrisC I could not find that deal at the one by me. I asked them and they just stared at me and said scuba? You need to go to the shop down the street. The deal seems very nice, but after the problem I have with the LDS I will not buy from them again. If you want to read about the problem go to http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=475329

The tanks came with K-Valves... But for that price they were a bargin.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom