Is this a deal or ? Steel or Aluminum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive found a place to get the Worthington LP 121's for $244, and the 108's for $234. Im only 5'7 but whats a little extra weight for 41 cf more? Out of the few people I know that I could possibly dive with, most of them are using doubles so it'll always be a streatch to keep up with them. Send me a pm if you'd like to know where to get those Worthington 121's.

-Matt

bullheadmike:
I'm in Arizona next to Nevada and California (Laughlin/Bullhead/Needles). Looking at getting 2 tanks but $ are tight. When you say " if you buy them together they'll be due for viz at the same time every year!!" is that a good thing or a bad thing? To me it does not matter as you can always do one early and keep using the other one. How does the price on the steel tanks sound?

Also - where are you doing your diving? salt water or fresh? Fabers and Worthingtons are awesome in fresh water. Salt - I've heard problems of them lasting longer. The paint WILL eventually chip, rust will become a problem vs. hot dipped galv. That would lead me towards standard shot-blasted AL 80's.

I bought a set of the Faber 95's and they are great! Only use aluminum for deco and or when there is nothing else.

bullheadmike:
Did it. Bought the two Faber 108 + tanks with valve, boot etc., out the door with tax for about 450.00.

excellent, guarantee you'll be happy you bought 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom