Is there parking at Leisure Pro in NYC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi!

I have to drive from Massachusetts to the Newark airport on an upcoming Sunday. I thought I'd make a slight detour along the way to Leisure Pro. It appears to be approximately 30 minutes out of the way, not including shopping time.

I have heard horror stories of parking in the city, and certainly have seen the abundance of cars many, many times. And their website mentions only which trains to take. Is there a subtle hint here that I'm missing?

Does Leisure Pro have a parking lot? Is there one nearby so I could temporarily ditch a car for less than an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

Eileen

Call 'em. Maybe they have a deal with one of the lots.

evad:
Call 'em. Maybe they have a deal with one of the lots.
Will do. Thanks. Just figured somebody here would know.

Eileen

I used to park around 9th avenue and walked a few blocks, there is no pking available that I know of

If you were a Leisure Pro regular customer, is it even worth going to their store?

A friend who went told me that it wasn't your typical dive shop. More like a counter where they ran a product shipping organization out of. He said that there wasn't that much to see or worth going. (that they didn't have much out since they relied mostly on mail order) (now this is all 2nd hand info... I've never been there).

I was just curious...

Not true, i last went there about 5 yrs ago and the upstairs had a decent amount of gear on display. The ground floor handled the camera shop

It is worth seeing once. I have been there. It is basically a smallish dive shop sitting over a warehouse and shipping operation. I dont' think there is alot of parking but you should be able to find one somewhere. It is right in the middle of the city. It's not the usual dive store with a parking lot out front though.

Brent

mike_s:
If you were a Leisure Pro regular customer, is it even worth going to their store?

A friend who went told me that it wasn't your typical dive shop. More like a counter where they ran a product shipping organization out of. He said that there wasn't that much to see or worth going. (that they didn't have much out since they relied mostly on mail order) (now this is all 2nd hand info... I've never been there).

I was just curious...

They differ from a typical dive shop in that they have most major rgulator brands either on display or in the warehouse they are sitting on top of. Here's the deal, if you go there and want to look at, and hold, something just ask them to bring it up. I've had them bring up several things at a time and ended up not buying any of them. They didn't complain, they just sent them back down. They also have a lot of BCs
on display, again most brands. Just ask to bring up what you don't see on display.
I think there's a parking garage across the street, if not there's one within a block or two. Its like 12.50 for half-day parking.

Well, there are some items such as masks and fins, that you really have to try them on before buying. It these cases, a visit to the store is needed. Plus not many shops carry as many brands as they do.

The OP said they were going on a Sunday. Is LP open on Sundays? Just wondering............

Back
Top Bottom