Is there parking at Leisure Pro in NYC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter:
The OP said they were going on a Sunday. Is LP open on Sundays? Just wondering............

I think they are open on Sundays and closed on Saturday. I believe its to do with custom of the religion of the majority of the employees that they are closed on Saturdays.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Content/Store.html?PopUp=1
Store Hours:
Sun. 10:00am to 4:45pm EST
Mon. - Thus. 9:00am to 6:30pm EST
Fri. 9:00am to 12:45pm EST
Saturday we are closed

mike_s:
I think they are open on Sundays and closed on Saturday. I believe its to do with custom of the religion of the majority of the employees that they are closed on Saturdays.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Content/Store.html?PopUp=1
Store Hours:
Sun. 10:00am to 4:45pm EST
Mon. - Thus. 9:00am to 6:30pm EST
Fri. 9:00am to 12:45pm EST
Saturday we are closed

I was aware of their religion, but very ignorant of days of observance. Thanks for clarifying.

It will not be a 30 minute detour. I grew up on the NJ side, where the Lincoln Tunnel is located. There is no way that you can get from Newark airport to Leisure Pro in 30 minutes. You will probably spend that much time alone sitting in traffic once you exit the tunnel. Now, if you are planning are driving through the city from the North, that will take even longer. I always took the Path into the city because it is by far easier and cheaper. Not to mention faster if you are traveling during peak hours.

Check with them before you go. There are some Jewish holidays that land on a Monday and they sometimes close depending on which one it is.

Here's the deal with Sundays; they are always closed on Saturdays and always open on Sundays EXCEPT when they're not open at all for certain blocks of time throught the year. Sometimes they're not open for weeks. You HAVE TO check their site or call and ask about you specific date because the only thing that would suck more than walking all the way there with a hangover to buy something you've finally decided you really "need" only to find they're closed by reason of religion, would be driving there, finding a place to park, paying for a place to park.............................. Call first.

scubamickey:
It will not be a 30 minute detour. I grew up on the NJ side, where the Lincoln Tunnel is located. There is no way that you can get from Newark airport to Leisure Pro in 30 minutes. You will probably spend that much time alone sitting in traffic once you exit the tunnel. Now, if you are planning are driving through the city from the North, that will take even longer. I always took the Path into the city because it is by far easier and cheaper. Not to mention faster if you are traveling during peak hours.

Check with them before you go. There are some Jewish holidays that land on a Monday and they sometimes close depending on which one it is.

I think she's making a 30 minute detour on the way to Newark from Mass.

I will be traveling south from Massachusetts to New Jersey, and have to pick up a couple folks at the Newark airport around 7pm. I was thinking I could make a detour. I'm not looking for gear per say, but maybe for some knick-knacks and do-dads. You know, the kind of stuff you always forget to buy like a tank light, sink the stink, and that kind of stuff. It also seemed as if the shop was calling, if not luring me.

I'll heed the various discussions and call them, just to be certain of the details.

Thanks all!

Eileen

eab:
I will be traveling south from Massachusetts to New Jersey, and have to pick up a couple folks at the Newark airport around 7pm. I was thinking I could make a detour. I'm not looking for gear per say, but maybe for some knick-knacks and do-dads. You know, the kind of stuff you always forget to buy like a tank light, sink the stink, and that kind of stuff. It also seemed as if the shop was calling, if not luring me.

I'll heed the various discussions and call them, just to be certain of the details.

Thanks all!

Eileen

I don't see how you could make that detour in 30 minutes. The gridlock is bad in that part of Manhattan and you are talking about rush hour if you are traveling during the week. Good luck!

Based on my experience of going to Leisure pro twice, i'd have to say that there's very little if any parking available on the street that LP is on.....

I think most everyone who drives there, parks in a parking garage, as you can imagine public parking is quite hard to find in the city.

Shots from inside Leisure pro...

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

scubamickey:
I don't see how you could make that detour in 30 minutes. The gridlock is bad in that part of Manhattan and you are talking about rush hour if you are traveling during the week. Good luck!

The detour is only 30 minutes before he gets back to the point where he would have been anyway, in Manhattan, before he trys to get to Newark. And midtown on Sunday is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom