Is there anyway to reattach Pelican Pick-N-Pluck foam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not done yet, but the hot glue gun does the trick. It's little tough to work with in some of the tight places I need to hit, but it makes a very strong bond.

You could also buy replacement foam - not too bad pricewise unless your case is bigger than a 1600.
http://www.foamerica.com/default.asp

Amazon.com sells a lot of sizes also. Search Pelican replacement foam - there's about 5 pages of listings. Probably cheaper than the link above.

Those prices aren't that bad. But still easier to glue than to have to start from scratch and redo the entire case.

3M spray adhesive does work well on open cell foam. I have not noted a tendency for it to stay tacky after it dries. If you cant to maks it off anyway, just use two pieces of cardboard (like the backs of note pads) and sandwich the foam in the middle.

silicone fixes everything lol
Actually silicone is a horrible adhesive.

There are some adhesives that contain silicone that are nearly impossible to remove. 3M 5200 and 4200 for example. But they're also very messy.

Silicone its self, though is only good as a sealant, and even then really only when it's being compressed. Otherwise it eventually starts pealing.

Seemed to work good, but I can't tell you if it really held up. I sold the case shortly after this.

Actually silicone is a horrible adhesive.

There are some adhesives that contain silicone that are nearly impossible to remove. 3M 5200 and 4200 for example. But they're also very messy.

Silicone its self, though is only good as a sealant, and even then really only when it's being compressed. Otherwise it eventually starts pealing.

Is 5200 considered a silicone adhesive? just asking....I thought it contained much more chemicals than silicone. It's actually a polyurethane if I remember right. A whole different ball game than silicone. I have "worn" it for days....haha

Is 5200 considered a silicone adhesive? just asking....I thought it contained much more chemicals than silicone. It's actually a polyurethane if I remember right. A whole different ball game than silicone. I have "worn" it for days....haha
Isn't that stuff GREAT! Only comes off with a grinder. I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure most of the 3M stuff contains silicone. Much different than just silicone, though...obviously.

Back
Top Bottom