Is the Sea searcher Going out of buisness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
Thanks for letting us know Outback. Terrible news for the family. It's very difficult and a fine line when dive charters have to report accidents. More often than not people blame the charter and most of the time it has nothing to do with them. From what a I understand the Seasearcher II have a thriving repeat clientele. It will be difficult for their customers to have to look elsewhere for Gulf Trips. I received my trip requests for Gulf Diving for next year and they are altering their schedule a bit to include more 3, 4 and 5 day trips as well as their usual 2 day trips. Staying out a bit longer will help on fuel costs. Gulf Diving is also incorporating more specialized trips for tech, research and our shop charter for Stetson Bank only. Forward thinking and creative planning benefits both customer and charter company. Airlines are charging over $50.00 for fuel surcharges. We just got hit for an additional $100 per person fuel surcharge for our Cayman Aggressor Trip this December.

Debraw, when are you doing the Stetson Bank only trip?

blueeyes_austin:
Debraw, when are you doing the Stetson Bank only trip?

I am not confirmed yet but we are hoping for July 22-23, 2006. This will be a Stetson only and Nitrox Only trip. We are chartering the whole boat! Woo Hoo!!! We will start taking reservations one the weekend is confirmed.

The Sea Searcher just cancelled our trip going out 1st October, claiming excessive fuel costs - would have amounted to an extra $81 per person. Our group would probably have gone for it, but the shop that had the other half of boat I guess wouldn't have been able to pass that on.

Mind you, with Rita on the way this weekend, viz would probably have sucked anyway....

outback:
Mind you, with Rita on the way this weekend, viz would probably have sucked anyway....

...is always 2 days after a hurricane passes. Don't get left behind, I still have one or two spots left...

I am cursed. This is my fifth try in the last 3 years. Was supposed to go October 1-2. What a bummer.

leiserom:
I am cursed. This is my fifth try in the last 3 years. Was supposed to go October 1-2. What a bummer.

PM divewookie and get one of his last spots! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom