Is the s100 in the Ikelite housing indeed FULLY manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am not sure if there is a different firmware in your camera but on my s95 if I hit S and the rear dial nothing happens at all?

Isn't it S and the front dial? The ikelite housing doesn't have access to the rear dial so I imagine the work around would involve the front dial.

Neither do anything on the s95
This trick used to work on other cameras like powershot SD 990 but there isn't anything like that ok the s90/95/100
So I wonder where that comes from as S plus any key does nothing at all

ahh.. its the left and right arrow keys on the rear control dial (macro and flash buttons) while holding the S button.

Oh yes without the housing is nearly impossible to actually hit those buttons
So this would work with both ikelite and canon housing
Remains to be seen how practical is this to actually do? Surely impossible with gloves

I'm not sure I understand why the housing matters. I'm holding my s100 right now w/out the housing. In M mode, if I hold the shutter half way, the left/right (macro/flash) buttons do nothing (eh I shouldn't say nothing, the left/macro button takes me into manual focus but definitely doesn't take the effect of my rear wheel).

Ah, I see what you're talking about on the S95. But on the S100 the button in the same position is the ring function button. I thought I read other posts saying you could do this same thing w/ the S100 as well, but there definitely isn't an equivalent S button that I can see.

Yes there's an instant movie button on the upper right, opposite the ring func. I've seen people discuss this topic as if an S button exists on the s100 but I certainly don't see it anywhere.

I looked at the buttons layout there is no S button anymore on the S100
So the only option is the CHDk hack to override probably that takes away the ring button entirely though
I wonder if the property case is different from the S95 and my script still works

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom