Is the NCDivers forum gone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like there used to be a thriving community at NCDivers.com but every time I try to visit the forums I get a 500 error.

Did that community dissolve? I'm looking to connect with more NC divers.

I am a new diver and just moved to Jacksonville, NC. I am looking to go diving within the next couple weeks. I am also looking for someone to go diving with if you would be down to go. Let me know.

NC Divers had a lot of trouble with Russian and other hackers for a while. This coincided with the advent of social media. NC Divers as a web site is dead. However, there are a LOT of divers in NC. As Tbone notes there are several hundred members of Raleigh Area Divers on Facebook. Despite the name it includes a lot of folks outside of the Raleigh area. There is also the Down Under Entiity. There was a very active Down Under LDS and club. The LDS went under with the death of the owner but the club and a lot of the instructors still run the club. That has split into a club website and a discussion website. Then there is also a dive club at Gypsy in Raleigh. Black Jack Tech Diving operates out close to Fayetville. If you are not a tech diver do not let the name scare you. I have run across them several times on boats running to the Hyde out of Wrightsville Beach with Aquatic Safaris and that is a beginner-Intermediate dive. (Beginner by NC Standards)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom