Is Suunto Vyper to Conservative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoomerTC

Reaction score
Now, I don't mean to open any old wonds with my first post here but...

I'm looking for a computer, I have read A LOT of recommendations. The recommendation I here most is the Sunnto Vyper. The only down side I hear (and I read the looong thread with Genesis about the po2 problem) is that it is too conservative.

So for me it's between the Vyper and the Atmos 2 (which seems to be on the liberal side, but I've also seen some bad reviews)

Here's my criteria:
- I'm not looking to be super aggressive but but I want accurate ppo2 calculations (I do dive to 110 on EAN32 regularly, with doubles and am concerned with an o2 saturation alarm going off in 15 minutes)
- I would like to be the one who descides how agressive I want the computer to be so an adjustment would be nice.
- Im not looking for AI
- I'd like to keep the price around 400 clams

So... Which one do you like Vyper or Atmos 2 or other and...
Is the Vyper to conservative.

Thanks
Peter

The Vytec and Vyper are "conservative" but certainly not too conservative and in fact when compared to other compuers, there isnt a huge difference in the times they allow.

They have altitude adjustment (3 settings) and "personal" adjustment (3 settings) where A0P0 is least conservative and A3P3 is the most conservative so you can alter them slightly.

That said, everyone i know diving in the sea uses A0P0 mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom