Is shivering exercize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear once bubbled...
Would it have made a difference if this accident happened at home (I live by myself in a rural area) instead of at a dive site. . .
HI Snowbear,

Sounds like you have an idylic lifestyle! I am a strong advocate of adults being allowed to do what they like as long as it does not generate a risk to anyone else. Goodness, what would life be like if we could not cross the highway or walk out alone "just in case."

I suppose all I was saying was when you undertake any dangerous activity on your own you must make a risk/benefit anaysis as you may find yourself in a position of not being able to help yourself. (I has visions of you waking up dead after 24 hours out cold.)

I do hope you don't think I am like an old mother hen.:wink:

The Iceni once bubbled...
I suppose all I was saying was when you undertake any dangerous activity on your own you must make a risk/benefit anaysis as you may find yourself in a position of not being able to help yourself. (I has visions of you waking up dead after 24 hours out cold.)

I do hope you don't think I am like an old mother hen.:wink:
Whether or not I fully understand the risks (though I'd like to think I do) I accept them. I'm going to die sometime - might as well enjoy the journey as much as possible, right? It's funny - most of the guys I work with cannot comprehend and are quite intimidated by my independent lifestyle/attitude.

So far anyway, every pickle I've managed to find myself in alone, I've managed to eventually extricate myself from. One of the worst happened in the middle of a large city and took most of the night (if you want that story, you'll have to ask in person:( ). Another was when I broke my leg - I was in the woods, by myself, logging with a team of draft horses. Took me a couple hours to get out from under the log and get out.

I've long ago accepted that if I ever am in a situation where I cannot help myself - waking up dead will probably be a good thing....

pipedope once bubbled...

I am a strong supporter of people doing what they want.
I am also a strong advocate of people understanding what they are doing.

It can get a little strange like the time I was on a solo sail up the
Pacific coast of the US and the captain and navigator were arguing to the point of threatening tossing someone overboard. At that point the cook broke it up by insisting it was time for grub. After cooking and eating there didn't seem to be any problem anymore.:D

Our incredibly ancient and most honourable Uncle Pug was not the only one to notice that one, PipeDope. I laughed a lot when I read it. Thank you!:D

The Iceni once bubbled...
. . . as you may find yourself in a position of not being able to help yourself.
Impaled on a forty-foot mast, perhaps?:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom