Is Scubapro Feeling A Pinch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Scubapro MK19 EVO/D420 Dive Regulator System Amazon.com : Scubapro MK19 EVO/D420 Dive Regulator System : Sports & Outdoors

Screenshot_20221030-225713_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Or maybe the D420 isn't selling?
Too bad! This resurrection of the D-series has Scubapro's best second stage valve in its entire history.
Screenshot_20221030-230009_Amazon Shopping.jpg

These two are on Amazon, and I don't see the Mk19EVO sale on SP'S website. But the Mk25 deal is there. I wonder if they're not even selling as many of their flagship as hoped for?

The d400 had a less than stellar introduction here on ScubaBoard.
There is a real question in my mind as to whether the d420 can be successfully serviced at your local ScubaPro dive shop.
It seems the rebuild kit for the d420 is very expensive.
There are very few recent posts on SB regarding the d420. Most of the posts involve the Classifieds.
There are many conventional second stages with great reliability and performance in competition.

I regularly dive the older d400. I love it. But even with the cut rate prices offered on used d420's I'm not tempted by the newer center balanced reg.

I would be happy to hear from d420 users with a sunnier outlook. It's not that I hate the d420. It just seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

There is a real question in my mind as to whether the d420 can be successfully serviced at your local ScubaPro dive shop.
There are very few recent posts on SB regarding the d420. Most of the posts involve the Classifieds.
There are many conventional second stages with great reliability and performance in competition.

I regularly dive the older d400. I love it. But even with the cut rate prices offered on used d420's I'm not tempted by the newer center balanced reg.

I would be happy to hear from d420 users with a sunnier outlook. It's not that I hate the d420. It just seems to be more trouble than it's worth.
The D 420 is the best second stage I have, its easy to service and unless you really want the SP seat rather than the modified 104 o ring seat you don’t need the kit very often but with the kit you get all the moving parts.

the 400 can go a long time but parts are getting harder to find, the purge cover is the main weak point along with the diaphragm, the 420 uses more commonly available parts.

This is the gloomiest opinion of the D420 I have read or heard anywhere. I haven't heard any negative feedback for the D420 so far from anyone I know. I am going to get one by the end of the year I hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom