Is Oahu Diving Any Good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard to beat Gabe's post, that pretty accurately reflects my limited experience of 19 dives. He didn't even mention Whitetip Reef Sharks, Surgeonfish, Moorish Idols, Triggerfish... As an outsider, I first visited Oahu in 2006 with low expectations. Boy, was I wrong, I had a blast. I returned in 2008, I had a blast. See my 2 Undercurrent reviews for details. If you missed something, I'm returning in March, I'll have a blast.

Good diving, enjoy life, Craig

I concur with the diving here - the coral might not be as beautiful as other places but the wrecks, fish and invertebrates are definitely worth seeing

Wrecks, Reef, Old Lava Tubes, Fish, Turtles, Octopus, Eagle Rays, Eels, etc. Oahu has a little of everything.

Check out the photos on Barefoot Scuba Divers facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45326&id=32532191481

West, East, and North side of the island has some pretty good reef systems

Last edited:
nope the diving her sucks hmmm where should i start well they got this shipwreck the sea tiger that usally has a few ugly frog fish. and man i hate when those spotted eagle rays show up there. and then those white tip sharks like to hang out around that boat why i dont know.
then theres this other sorry excuse for a dive called the Y.O. which is two shipwrecks next to each other.man the one thing i hate about that dive is that big ol sub cruising by like it owns the joint . man and theres always sharks around those wrecks hate when that happens. nope the diving here sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom