Is mixing reg brands non-DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver:
Ah yes, this is a very valid point that I hadn't thought of. I'd seen a few of you guys running SP but didn't realize it was that heavily favored. If it's SP that I like, and it's what you're all mostly running, then it makes sent to this route straight away.

But don't let this issue stop you from diving... dive what you got for now...

Now if you were starting from scratch I would point you here:

Bitz Page How not to Buy Regulators

Ben_ca:
But don't let this issue stop you from diving... dive what you got for now...

Now if you were starting from scratch I would point you here:

Bitz Page How not to Buy Regulators

Yup, I hear ya. Sometimes I try to think too far ahead when making gear decisions, but the bottom line is that I don't think anyone is going to question the capability of an Apeks DS4/ATX200/ATX50 setup for even the most extreme diving. The cost difference ($350 for a pair of DS4's vs $700 for a pair of SP Mk25's or $1100 for a pair of SP Mk25/S600's) get's me most of the way toward a set of X7-100's, even if the hose routing isn't as pretty. Sooooo, I think I'll go with the DS4's for now and spend the difference on tanks. Once I've got myself settled with tanks, a nice Salvo 9A/21W light and an X-scooter, I'll revisit the switch to SP regs :D

Scooters Are The Devil!!

Hey some people would say X-Scooters aren't DIR
:satanlook
LG... don't limit your self though... Adobos is using MK10's that he got for free!!! Those work out great and last forever.... The MK20's are pretty good also...

I have the DS4's and sometimes they can be a pain in the butt because of the routing ... but I do like the sealed design and the compact package

I had a freeflow during Fundies, and the instructor took the second stage apart and fixed it in the water. I was pretty impressed. Heck, I'm STILL pretty impressed.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom