Is mares the new dacor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berdman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I been reading some threads and mares always comes up in a dacor thread. So before assuming they are I thought I would ask.

Mares bought out Dacor.

oooo ok cool. Is there anyway to get instruction manuals for older dacor items? Also is mares making replacement parts for current dacor regulators and bcs?

Mares supplies replacement parts for all current DACOR equipment.

When Mares (actually their parent company Head Sports) bought DACOR, several years ago, DACOR was near bankruptcy and most of DACOR's parts suppliers were no longer making parts - so when Mares bought them, they only obtained the parts that were in DACOR's inventory and were unable to continue to supply parts for older DACOR equipment.

You will find lots of folks that bash Mares because they could not support old DACOR products. ACtually Mare/DACOR did what they could to make it up to those that owned older DACOR regs by offering a trade-in program for current Mares/DACOR equipment.

Mares fully supports current DACOR equipment - it has sort of become the low end of the Mares line - but still good euipment.

From reading what the Mares reps that frequent this board say and from several discussions I have had with them, it does not appear that Mares has any intention of discontinuing the DACOR line.

ACtually Mare/DACOR did what they could to make it up to those that owned older DACOR regs by offering a trade-in program for current Mares/DACOR equipment

They did a great thing with this. It seems that dacor will be around for a while. Mares may rename the linup, but keeping a low-end product that is still good is a great business strategy.

TN Traveler:
You will find lots of folks that bash Mares because they could not support old DACOR products.
I'm so freaking mad at Ford I can't stand it. I tried to get parts for my Stanley Steamer and they discontinued making the part I needed.

Companies can only support older stuff for so long. So if someone is getting upset about parts for an antique, upgrade or make the parts yourself.

Gary D.

rocketry:
Tough-on-dirt. Gentle on Carpet.....

I think he means this:

34FRONT_.JPG

Wrong model. :D

This one; http://www.bayberryclassics.com/Pages/vintage/06Stanley.htm More room for dive gear.

I need the right left up down this way that way thing-a-magiggie that goes clickity clack when the hoota-frapper is up to normal operating pressure. Then the what-ja-macallit that goes Hissssssssssssssss pop pop burp clackity clackity bang bang will quit rattling.

Any body have that part number?

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Wrong model. :D

This one; http://www.bayberryclassics.com/Pages/vintage/06Stanley.htm
I need the right left up down this way that way thing-a-magiggie that goes clickity clack when the hoota-frapper is up to normal operating pressure. Then the what-ja-macallit that goes Hissssssssssssssss pop pop burp clackity clackity bang bang will quit rattling.

Any body have that part number?

Gary D.

I have three for sale PM me for more info . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom