Is It Time To Go Diving Yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ParaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers,

My name is Mike and obviously I'm new to the forum, getting my OW, AOW and EAN cert. was the best decision I've made in a while and a great kick off to the new year- I just can't believe I didn't do this 20years ago... What's wrong with me? My cousins and I want to Roatan for our first dive trip with the intention of two dives every other day, well that instantly turned into every day and we wanted more. Personally, I never wanted to get out of the water! Diving is an absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get back in the water, I'm jelous of you who figured it out before I...lol.

Dive safe-

Mike

Welcome aboard. From what I'm told, Northern California diving is way different from the tropical Caribbean (e.g.: Roatan), but if you can make the adjustment in gear, skill and expectation, California diving might offer you a locally available cheaper alternative to supplement your tropical vacation diving.

I'm planning to come try it myself; booked on a Truth Aquatics Limited Load Southern Channel Islands trip in August, Lord willing and providing it comes to pass as I hope.

I'm not writing off high-viz. warm water; I'm just keen to try something new and see kelp forest & hopefully sea lions &/or seals in person.

Do you plan to dive locally?

Richard.

This will be my 42nd year of diving, come May. I just got back from Belize a week ago and I can hardly wait to get in up here... hopefully in the next week or so. The 45° F difference in water temperature makes for a rosy complexion, but that's a small price to pay for the 150' vis that's possible.

And Michael, you're right. Diving is amazing. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it.

Richard,

I plan to start diving locally as I have read there are a lot of great spots, Monterey will be my first later this month. I have talked to a few divers here that dive locally and they love the interaction they get from the sea otters- can't wait! I did buy my gear with cold water diving in mind, I have just have not purchased a dry suit yet until I experience it. Warm water diving is appealing because of the limited gear needed for a new diver and.. Palm trees, islands.... Clear water.....chance to travel.

Dive Safe-

Mike

Stoo,

Thanks for rubbing in my lack of judgment for not starting at an earlier date...lol. Cheers! If anyone is ever in my area, feel free to contact me to dive. Belize sounds like fun.

Dive safe,

Mike

Welcome to SB!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

Back
Top Bottom