Is it safe to dive in the rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're new, so I'm just going to give you the bitter truth that they wouldn't have told you in class. Thunderstorms bring lightning strikes, and lightning strikes cause wildfires. Those may have to be fought. If they're fought with helicopters with buckets, and with scoop aircraft, and if you're near the surface in the nearest body of water they can access, then there's a risk you could find yourself being inadvertently transported to the fire site and dumped on it. Unless you're specifically trained in Fire Diving, you're not likely to survive that. So, keep that in mind also.

I didn't even read any of these pages of responses. If you are a diver and live in the PAC NW,.....then you dive in the rain!..

I will say however that if the rain is substantial and the river runoffs have affected vis in the Sound then it can be a factor. Sometimes the vis on the surface can suck but once below the fresh water can open up.... but still dark and lights are needed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom