Is it really a good deal and don’t buy used especially when new to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zuma for travel or any warm water diving, light weight no bulk, which makes a big difference when cleaning, and travel. Especially since I have to clean mine and my wife’s. Lol

Also has a unique tank strap positioned low that puts tank weight over your hips... easier to maneuver on land or boat. I changed our tank straps for a quick release which really makes gearing up easy.

see link on sale great price.

Aqua Lung Zuma Travel BC

Zuma for travel or any warm water diving, light weight no bulk, which makes a big difference when cleaning, and travel. Especially since I have to clean mine and my wife’s. Lol

Also has a unique tank strap positioned low that puts tank weight over your hips... easier to maneuver on land or boat. I changed our tank straps for a quick release which really makes gearing up easy.

see link on sale great price.

Aqua Lung Zuma Travel BC

OP is in Australia.

I do know I HATE clutter and feeling crowded and strapped in no matter what I am doing and if this thing offers a solution to that, I am all in.

With a basic harness there are no pockets and we clip things off to D-rings. Depending on your definition of "clutter" and the amount of stuff you carry, that may not look "less cluttered".

Love how these wings and harness are likened to backpack, I don’t know about you but I do backpack and modern backpacks are far different than a simple harness with 2 inch webbing that cuts into your shoulders and are uncomfortable to wear outside of it being underwater.

Love how these wings and harness are likened to backpack, I don’t know about you but I do backpack and modern backpacks are far different than a simple harness with 2 inch webbing that cuts into your shoulders and are uncomfortable to wear outside of it being underwater.
Ehh, it’s made for being worn under water. Your are after all a scuba diver and not a scuba hiker.

Ehh, it’s made for being worn under water. Your are after all a scuba diver and not a scuba hiker.
Well we don’t call it hiking but we’re certainly hiking from the car to the beach and into the water. it just seems to me we could distribute the weight of the cylinder a lot better for when we are out of the water, I love the back plate for weight distribution, but the Zuma has it with the lower tank strap keeps the weights mostly on your hips just like in a backpack you can wear comfortably 50 pounds practically all day long.

Well we don’t call it hiking but we’re certainly hiking from the car to the beach and into the water. it just seems to me we could distribute the weight of the cylinder a lot better for when we are out of the water, I love the back plate for weight distribution, but the Zuma has it with the lower tank strap keeps the weights mostly on your hips just like in a backpack you can wear comfortably 50 pounds practically all day long.

I couldn't comfortably wear 50 pounds all day even back when. I could probably rig the hip belt from my kelty to the plate easily enough but why bother: I can man up and uncomfortably survive 1000 steps with bare webbing, for anything more I'm calling a cab.

I couldn't comfortably wear 50 pounds all day even back when. I could probably rig the hip belt from my kelty to the plate easily enough but why bother: I can man up and uncomfortably survive 1000 steps with bare webbing, for anything more I'm calling a cab.
My new wing attachment when I go scuba hiking... Easier than manning up. :)

upload_2020-12-24_11-49-26.jpeg

My new wing attachment when I go scuba hiking... Easier than manning up. :)

Yep, just like the hip belt off my redwing 50. It's not the not the hip belt I am not comfortable with, it's the "scuba hiking" bit.

Back
Top Bottom