Is it possible to prevent water come in the 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are multiple areas inside the 1st stage. The air part should never see water. Then there is the part that has to sense the ambient pressure. Generally that gets wet, unless it is environmentally sealed. There are oddities, Sherwood has a dry bleed feature on some models that vents a tiny stream of air to keep the pressure sense side dry.

If there is moisture in the air part of the 1st stage, you have a wet fill or were sloppy installing the 1st stage on a wet tank.
The only issue with the Sherwood is new buddies keep telling me I've got a leak, even after telling them during the pre-dive brief there will be a bubble trail.

I often see new divers press the purge button when their reg set is in the wash tub. worse still, is when they also direct water from a hose into the 2nd stage when the purge is pressed

Thanks, I will bring a foldable fish tank to soak my regulator, is the water temperature 30 degrees enough?

apedai, mate, you can't be doin that to your fish wait till you get home and let the fish watch.

look at your ugly photograph this is a once in a lifetime flood event ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

1675305611645.png

Mate it's like climate change and banning coal, a complete non event

Clean your reg up dude put it all together and go diving and be good

Whatever you do don't buy any ACD and don't buy any carbon credits

Wash regs in hot from the tap I don't have a thermometer in my finger

and remember it's the up and coming countries turn to have their industrial revolution now
becauase if they don't and considering westerners can't do anything anymore if we ban coal

soon we will be walking everywhere and naked, yes me and Marie13 walking down the aisle merman and wife

apedai, mate, you can't be doin that to your fish wait till you get home and let the fish watch.

look at your ugly photograph this is a once in a lifetime flood event ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

View attachment 767603

Mate it's like climate change and banning coal, a complete non event

Clean your reg up dude put it all together and go diving and be good

Whatever you do don't buy any ACD and don't buy any carbon credits

Wash regs in hot from the tap I don't have a thermometer in my finger

and remember it's the up and coming countries turn to have their industrial revolution now
becauase if they don't and considering westerners can't do anything anymore if we ban coal

soon we will be walking everywhere and naked, yes me and Marie13 walking down the aisle merman and wife
I just reported your trolling post. Please keep on topic.

I don't even know what that means, be less absorbed in your way of thinking and pay attention, it's how I post

3871 of them

Water got inside the 1st stage, simple as that. I would say completely flooded.
There is no way water will bypass the O-ring on those plugs and come from the outside in. It would hiss air something horrible if the O-rings were bad.
Thank you for answering my concerns~

Come on boys

perhaps attempts at humour

Yes regulator regulator regulator always fix your broken regulator before using it, but only if it's broken

Did I mention the unions also priced us out of contention

Aqualung ACD, and DGX Xtra piston reg has a self closing air inlet on their DIN reg.
Same here. As someone who's not very mindful of keeping his gear in perfect condition, ACD is making a great dealof a difference in terms of service need. My aqaung just last a longer before I need to open them to give them a good vinegar bath

Back
Top Bottom