Is it possible to haul a single cylinder worth of scuba gear, suit included on a motorcycle. If so, has anyone ever done this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m assuming a saddle bag is needed. I’m in the market for a motorcycle purchase and just started wondering if anyone here has ever hauled their full dive kit, suit included on a motorcycle before.

I've never done it, but I've seen it done. On a bicycle as well.

How did they do the tanks?

I’ll haul my gear except tanks and weights out to the west coast most years. I think hauling the heavy metal would take custom racks or a trailer or something, probably not worth it.

How did they do the tanks?
On their backs, IIRC. though I think I recall a tank strapped to "seat back" of the motorcycle.

The bicyclist was a minimalist and used a plastic backpack without bcd. He rode his bike wearing his wetsuit. Fins were strapped through his arms. He was a quirky individual.

Did it on a Vespa when young, 40 years ago:
My Aralu twin tank in front of me, between my legs, and a normal backpack on my shoulders.
No place for the passenger, indeed.
This is unfeasible on a normal motorcycle.

I have seen it done with a rebreather (basically sitting on the pillion seat) on a full size BMW. I can’t remember where he put the bailout.

Wear the BCD and tank. I recommend 2 cam bands. Bungee the fins on the passenger seat or on the side of the saddle under your leg. Put the rest in a tank bag or messenger bag slung in front.

Good luck. Don't crash.

Bali

full

Back
Top Bottom