Is it possible to haul a single cylinder worth of scuba gear, suit included on a motorcycle. If so, has anyone ever done this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless the tank is loaded center-bike, you're going to have some problems. If you've ever ridden a BMW boxer twin and revved the engine while in neutral at a light, you'll know what I mean.

Depending in the motorcycle......a person can haul a lot of crap... First pic is a cross country camping trip I took a few years ago. As another option, In the 2nd pic you can kinda see behind me my buddies Bushtec trailer that he hauls behind his bike.

QqpRZT0.jpg

uSuhLXy.jpg

In terms of which bike, I would def go with bigger is better. You don't want to try balancing all that on a little 150cc twin-star.

Depending in the motorcycle......a person can haul a lot of crap... First pic is a cross country camping trip I took a few years ago. As another option, In the 2nd pic you can kinda see behind me my buddies Bushtec trailer that he hauls behind his bike.

QqpRZT0.jpg
are you flipping the bird?

I've never done it, but I've seen it done. On a bicycle as well.
Yes, I'm thinking that the gear weighs less than an adult passenger. So, if you can load it as low as possible, and secure it to keep it from shifting around suddenly, then ...

rx7diver

If you don’t have a car it might be a solution, not a safe one for western standards.
Pretty sure you won’t enjoy the bike ride, so if you would do it to combine hobby’s then you will be disappointed.
Unless...
You fill your tanks with Nitrous Oxide, plumb your regulator to your air intake with a quick disconnect. Both hobbies could get real interesting real fast. 🤣

I would ride my motorcycle with my dive gear in a duffel bag strapped to the rear seat and my twin 72's strapped to the back bar sideways to get the weight as low as possible. I tipped over once because my 'passenger" didn't put his foot down when we stopped!

Yes, Did the same. Just got back from a long scuba trip in the Florida Springs. Hauled all my gear on a cruiser. My dive buddy had a HD RG and took the tanks. He retrofitted the rack.

I’m assuming a saddle bag is needed. I’m in the market for a motorcycle purchase and just started wondering if anyone here has ever hauled their full dive kit, suit included on a motorcycle before.
I commented on this earlier that we ride and dive safely all the time. It looks like a new community is forming called: MotoDivers.org for divers who like to motorcycle. Check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom