Is it possible to be an independent RAID instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No a RAID instructor has to be affiliated. The dive centre does the actual certifications. There are some ways to do it but it requires a cooperative dive centre.

When I was still with RAID I was registered as a dive centre and then I was affiliated with myself as an instructor.

No a RAID instructor has to be affiliated. The dive centre does the actual certifications. There are some ways to do it but it requires a cooperative dive centre.

When I was still with RAID I was registered as a dive centre and then I was affiliated with myself as an instructor.
This. I was both a dive center as well as an instructor. My dive center covered my instructor liability.

Thing is, I really was a dive center. RAIDs only liveaboard IIRC.

As the subject says.

Can a RAID instructor be independent from a dive center?
Hi Magnus,

as already stated above a RAID instructor needs to be affiliated to a centre, as also hinted at above, an instructor can register a centre, with fairly minimum requirements. This would have to include a dedicated teaching space with internet amongst other things.

Sweden (as the rest of Scandinavia) currently falls under the UK & Malta remit. Speak to the guys from RAID UK directly to see what's possible in your area. About - Dive RAID UK & Malta

KR,
DIVELIFE

Hi
So you cannot be an independent instructor with RAID but you can "pretend" to be a RAID center and affiliate yourself to...yourself?
What is the whole point of this nonsense? Insurance?

Back
Top Bottom