Is it possible to "auto-level" avi. clips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear divers with more knowledge than me in videophotography!

I have shot some minutes with my compact photo-camera, but the image is really blue (at around 20 and below meters): when I use photoshop for my pics, I alwasy "autolevel" the colors... are there any softwares (freewares) out there that let me autolevel the colors in a small videoclip?? Aprox 50MB....??

Hopefully someone outthere knows how to do this :)

What software are you using to edit your video?

There is not an "autolevel", but there is the opportunity to apply global, or semi-global corrections.

Hi PerroneFord!

Thx for answering, I use Windows Movie Maker to make small "movies" of photos, and sometimes I inbed small videoclips inbetween the pictures. MovieMaker lets med cut both the start and the end of the clip so I can use the part I want.

If I accidentally have held the camere in another angle, turning my wrist to get a "tall" shot, I use Vdub to rotate the videoclip to the right angle.

Other than that I use photshop... but I do have the whole CS3 package, but have no clue how to use the other programs in it...

Hope that clears my situation abit :)

BR
Martin

I don't think there's a way to do it in the base Movie Maker applet, but on a Mac, iMovie can indeed auto-level an entire clip (and adjust exposure, saturation, hue-shift, etc.) in real-time, so I imagine functionality at least as powerful must exist in Premiere. Sorry, I know this isn't entirely helpful, but take it as strong evidence that a solution does exist :)

What is Premiere?

You've got a long and steep learning curve ahead of you my friend. Try not to get too discouraged along the way.

Gee Perrone, thanks for your help.

I guess it depends on how far I intend to climb... I was just looking for some kind of color adjustement..like a digital underwater filter...

I'll have a look at the thread below about Premier.

I know my answer seems unhelpful. And I apologize for that. But Premiere is a fairly complicated video editing tool (one I used to use) and the learning curve is steep. You can't just drop a video on it, and hit autolevels like in Photoshop. Not if you want reasonable results.

You're going to need to learn about the 3-way color corrector and some other stuff to really get decent results. It took me a couple months to start getting pro level results.

OK, I'll drop that software then, becayse that is not what I am after.... "I am after the just drag the clip and hit autolevel version" :)

Does it excist??

OK, I'll drop that software then, becayse that is not what I am after.... "I am after the just drag the clip and hit autolevel version" :)

Does it excist??

It might, but I work with the other stuff because my job demands it. Perhaps other users here might be familiar with something that is more "drag and drop". Believe me, sometime I wish I had a basic "autolevels" for the stuff I am doing. If you do find one, let me know. Because I occasionally have clients for whom it really won't matter, and I'd rather not take the long time it takes me now.

Back
Top Bottom