Is it necessary to do the SSI advanced adventurer course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then do the single specialty courses, choosing the ones better suited to your needs, as others have already pointed out.
Unfortunately, however, in some places they require that card with "advanced" written on it.
Thanks I will do that indeed

Hello Angelo thank for your reply .. I don't want any titles I just want to be safe and skilled

Then this is what I would do:
1) Rescue
2) GUE Fundies or equivalent (IANTD essentials, TDI intro to tech, etc.)

Number 2 can be expensive, but it's going to teach you many skills.
There can be extra requirement to take a rescue course, I suggest you look at another thread that is open right now here on Scubaboard. No requirements for fundies or equivalent (except with TDI that requires 25 dives of experience)

Look for high-quality instructors: very skilled, capable of teaching, and with a personality that you like; with fundies, usually the first one (diving skills of the instructor) is easy to verify, but don't give it for granted.

EDIT: this is the rescue thread I mentioned: Rescue Diver course

Then this is what I would do:
1) Rescue
2) GUE Fundies or equivalent (IANTD essentials, TDI intro to tech, etc.)

Number 2 can be expensive, but it's going to teach you many skills.
There can be extra requirement to take a rescue course, I suggest you look at another thread that is open right now here on Scubaboard. No requirements for fundies or equivalent (except with TDI that requires 25 dives of experience)

Look for high-quality instructors: very skilled, capable of teaching, and with a personality that you like; with fundies, usually the first one (diving skills of the instructor) is easy to verify, but don't give it for granted.

EDIT: this is the rescue thread I mentioned: Rescue Diver course
Hi,
I haven't thought of this to be honest but I will keep in mind tho so thanks for sharing. I have however looked slightly at GUE fundies (through internet) and their training seems pretty solid.
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom