Is forgiveness Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uhm . . . there had been problems with the Ex before, I was the one who ended it for so many reasons, but in a good way. We agreed to be friends, but Im trying to forget him all the same. He is forgiven, but some things he has done can never be forgotten. Things like that. It's hard to maintain friendship to a person you've loved before, so in my case, I avoid the person, if possible.

Write her a short note explaining your concern and expressing your feelings. (A real note, not an email...) Leave the door open and see what happens. You might be surprised.

Best Wishes,
Trish

Through experience, I've learned that you have to forgive in order to move on and really live again. You don't have to like it or agree with what the offending party has done, but freeing up some of that bottled up "angst" does wonders for the human soul.

Thats the mature thing to do. Somethings just arent worth forgiving...let me re-state that...some PEOPLE just arent worth forgiving.

forgiveness is not something you can do in a vacuum. it takes two to forigive:

one person acknolweding they have done wrong, and one person forgiving them
for the wrong they have done.

when one person says: you know, XYZ did me wrong, but i am not going to
hold anger or hate against them. i understand what he or she did, and i
understand it hurt me but i am not going to let it have power over me,
and i am moving on with my life, even though he or she can't acknolwege
what he/she did or ask me for forgiveness...

that's not so much forgivenes as healing

i think sometimes we mix up the two terms. i think forgiveness
takes two people, and is equally important for both, and takes
just about equal integrity for both.

i have forgiven, forgotten, been forgiven and been forgotten. It depends so much on many factors IMHO. Not much help, but look at what this will accomplish in both of your lives....and if it is worth it.

H2Andy:
forgiveness is not something you can do in a vacuum. it takes two to forigive:

one person acknolweding they have done wrong, and one person forgiving them
for the wrong they have done.

Not. The one who did the wrong can be forgiven even if they do not ask for forgiveness. Why? Because if the other one never admits their wrong there would be no forgiveness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom