Is Dutch Springs unique?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy and I dove Willow Springs today. (bad weather blew out our trip to the G+D). We are from NYC and therefore Dutch Springs is our Home Quarry. We decided to try out a new location and chose Willow Springs.. Oddly enough we were the only two divers there. The place was deserted. Does this location get as crowded as DS during the high season? That said I did enjoy the dives. Sure they don't have all the frills of DS.... But the wrecks are way better! The assembled junk on the bottom has not been "cleansed" the way all the hulks in DS have...That gives a slightly more realistic view the world.
Peace, D

IceBergSlim:
My buddy and I dove Willow Springs today. (bad weather blew out our trip to the G+D). We are from NYC and therefore Dutch Springs is our Home Quarry. We decided to try out a new location and chose Willow Springs.. Oddly enough we were the only two divers there. The place was deserted. Does this location get as crowded as DS during the high season? That said I did enjoy the dives. Sure they don't have all the frills of DS.... But the wrecks are way better! The assembled junk on the bottom has not been "cleansed" the way all the hulks in DS have...That gives a slightly more realistic view the world.
Peace, D

My buddy and I did Dutch today. He went out to the G&D on Saturday. He said it was rough and there was zero vis. So, even if wind was not still blowing Sunday, vis would still have been $@#!.
Pray for next week!! I havn't had lobster dinner in over a month.

hey Lou,

I was there yesterday on the peninsula side...too bad we didn't get to meet...we only did one dive because my friend was having an ear problem.

DEEPLOU:
My buddy and I did Dutch today. He went out to the G&D on Saturday. He said it was rough and there was zero vis. So, even if wind was not still blowing Sunday, vis would still have been $@#!.
Pray for next week!! I havn't had lobster dinner in over a month.

it was better than normal

ohmdiver:
How was the viz at dutch? A group of us from upstate ny are planning a trip the 13th and 14th. I know it is a few weeks away, I am not very patient

junko:
it was better than normal
I was down for over an hour and I can report that viz down to 70 feet was 50-60 feet. Lowest water temp was 56 degrees. The aquatic life was very active too.

junko:
hey Lou,

I was there yesterday on the peninsula side...too bad we didn't get to meet...we only did one dive because my friend was having an ear problem.

We went to the penninsula side, but didn't want to unload gear that we would have to leave out when in the water. (cause of that permit to park on penn). We went over to the other side so we could leave all the small stuff in the car and get to it easily.
I did meet a couple of folks from the board.

We may have passed you underwater. On our first dive, we made a full circle of the tethered junk. That was lot more swimming than I usually do.

Maybe...we were mostly around the island and the plane...
What a gorgeous day out there!

DEEPLOU:
We went to the penninsula side, but didn't want to unload gear that we would have to leave out when in the water. (cause of that permit to park on penn). We went over to the other side so we could leave all the small stuff in the car and get to it easily.
I did meet a couple of folks from the board.

We may have passed you underwater. On our first dive, we made a full circle of the tethered junk. That was lot more swimming than I usually do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom