Is DIR the right way to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CIBDiving:
Now That's Interesting - Jakarta Indonesia! I was responding to the starter of this thread - Porscheguy who, according to his bio, lives in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Using the quote feature would have eliminated that confusion. As it was, your reply was on topic for the post right before yours, which was from someone in Jakarta.

Halthron:
Using the quote feature would have eliminated that confusion. As it was, your reply was on topic for the post right before yours, which was from someone in Jakarta.

And useing the "threaded" feature of this site would prevent errors such as yours.

If you will upgrade to the next millenium, you would be make many less errors.

CIBDiving:
you would be make many less errors.

I just hate when you try to put someone down for an error they made and end up making one yourself.

Anyways, CIB, chill out. If you dont like DIR then dont participate in the disscusions in here...that simple.

CIBDiving:
Having someone point out flaws in your theories Might be useful, quite likely annoying, but useful.
Please point out where you are doing that.

If someone posts in the DIR forum, they are likely to get answers that are in favor of DIR and its protocols. I don't think anybody disputes that. With any luck, the original poster was looking for some people to give him/her some specific feedback on why DIR people felt pursuing DIR training would be useful for the stated goals. Hopefully, that's been done. Sounds like it from the response from the OP. Enough said.

CIBDiving:
I saw nothing in the stickies about this forum that said I had to agree with or like DIR to participate here, only that "bashing DIR divers" ( not sure what that means) and trolling isn't allowed. Having someone point out flaws in your theories Might be useful, quite likely annoying, but useful.
Then I'm afraid you don't read stickies very well.
NetDoc:
6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.
The underline is by me. If you don't, or can't, give a DIR answer then it's clear you shouldn't be posting in this forum. 'Having someone point out flaws in your theories' quite clearly should be reserved for other parts of the board. Done in this forum it is pure trolling.

nagonoj:
I only had 22 logged dive when I took the fundies. The course is expensive if comparing to other agency, but you will not regret taking the class because it will improve the quality and enjoyment of your time underwater, whether it is Tek or just rec diving. If you have the time and the money go do it.

DIR-F is worth twice what I paid for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom