Is DIR the right way to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I highly recommend doing the GUE fundamentals class. As stated here already, the longer one waits the more they allow habits that are not necessarily the best to become reinforced into muscle memory. The course is the farthest thing from technical that you can get. It focuses on control in the water and is designed to build confidence, and improvement in each individual as well as team ability. Defines strengths and weaknesses, gives gas management strategies, and dive planning information not taught in most other curriculums. In fact, all of my open water students receive the same info that is currently covered in the fundamentals program.
There seems to be a few key differences in the GUE fundamentals and the Essentials program. Please look at both closely/objectively to see if what you want is what you will be getting.
The Fundamentals program offered through GUE also has an AUDIT OPTION for anyone that wants the benefits of the program without the pressure of performance.
I would suggest contacting all perspective instructors before a final decision is made and having a candid conversation to evaluate what is best for each person.
Best, Bob Sherwood/GUE instructor

thanks for the info, folks, I am definatly going to try to get my fundies class done, hopefully this winter. I did know there was a difference between DIR and tech diving, but no big deal. anyway thanks for the help!

hii all...its quite intresting to join this forum..specially if we talk about dir...
whats wrong with diving with the new methode ? as long as the methode give positive feedback for all safety diving activity...am i right ?...basicly im intrested with DIR...
for information im certified for CMAS Open Water and Naui Advance diver...would u give me suggest all about DIR....positive and negative...thank u

im quite intrested about dir...whats wrong diving with new methode ? as long the methode put the safety as primary in diving...am i right ..? please give me advice all about dir diving...thanks

So just what answer do you expect here in the DIR forum?
If you walk into a catholic church and ask "what religion should I be?". Do you expect to hear "become a budist" for an answer??

CIBDiving:
So just what answer do you expect here in the DIR forum?
If you walk into a catholic church and ask "what religion should I be?". Do you expect to hear "become a budist" for an answer??
I read that question as rhetorical and that the real question is about how to get DIR training in Jakarta Indonesia.

Christian

headhunter:
I read that question as rhetorical and that the real question is about how to get DIR training in Jakarta Indonesia.

Christian

Now That's Interesting - Jakarta Indonesia! I was responding to the starter of this thread - Porscheguy who, according to his bio, lives in Nova Scotia, Canada.

You DIR types will really reach for any staw EH? :D

CIBDiving:
You DIR types will really reach for any staw EH? :D
This is the DIR forum, and trolling is not allowed. Please cut down on the inflammatory postings.

Thanks, CIB.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom