Is DIN the standard throughout Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone:

Can anyone here tell me what kind of valves are most common in Europe? Do all European countries have DIN valves or are there places that prefer Yoke valves like US and Caribbean?

Thanks.

Most places will have DIN valves and the valves may have a yoke fitting inside (see attached picture) but which is removable with an alan key, so no problems. I have only rarely seen yoke valves which couldn't be turned into DIN and it was in very old tanks.
miolo-de-torneira-din-yoke-fun-dive-miolo-torneira-fun-dive~2140439.jpg

Speaking for Italy, Croatia, and Slovenia, I don't think I've ever seen a stock yoke tank. Like Redshift mentioned, most tanks here will either be straight DIN or have one of the pro valves with the inset inside of it.

keep in mind, there is 200 BAR and 300 BAR DIN. 300 BAR DIN first stages will work on 200 BAR DIN valves, but 200 BAR DIN first stages will not work on 300 BAR DIN valves as the valve body is too deep to seat properly.

in europe its din valves with inserts for yoke users.

no-one in the know uses yoke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom