Is Deep Sea Supply out of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sincerely hope that he finds happiness and whatever else he is looking for in Nevada. Sure I would love to be able to get my wing repaired if something ever happened. But if not that is ok.

I don't foresee my beautifully machined slab of metal or hunk of perfectly matching weights requiring service...ever. In fact I think I saw a used Kydex plate maybe I'll snag that and complete my set.

So many of the most popular SB topics all in one thread.

DSS, I have their gear, it's nice, IMO the best thought out on the market. I hope they will return to the market, but will be surprised.

Air2, keep in mind, these devices are meant to be used as part of a system that includes shoulder dumps. Wings do not have shoulder dumps and the use of pull dumps is discouraged because of the risk of separating the hose from the wing. I have experimented with air2s and do not believe they are a good idea to use as part of a BP/W setup although, as with so many things, the most skilled divers can probably dive safely with them.
I think dive rite has wings with pull dump on the inflator hose, but not a separate independent dump, perhaps that is what you were referring to.

I'm was just wondering; How long was DSS in business?

Does anyone know?

I'm was just wondering; How long was DSS in business?

Does anyone know?

somewhere around 2004 ish IIRC so 15 years.

@johndiver999 I'm not aware of any Dive Rite wings with a singular entry/exit point for gas. You can obviously cap them, but all the ones I have seen/owned with the pull dump have had a normal dump on the bottom

@johndiver999 I'm not aware of any Dive Rite wings with a singular entry/exit point for gas. You can obviously cap them, but all the ones I have seen/owned with the pull dump have had a normal dump on the bottom

I assumed he was talking about a right side shoulder dump like that one some jacket BCD's. I've not seen one on any wing however, although I have seen a couple with butt dumps on the right side, which gave me pause. I dove in a rental BCD that had 2 separate butt dumps, a right shoulder pull dump, as well as an elbow pull dump and the inflator.

Descend in any orientation! Quadruple your maintenance! Give yourself another hole to lose gas out of!

So if DSS is going out of business, why is Tobin George building that huge warehouse out in Nevada, 50 miles from Reno? His Facebook page is half The Joys of Backhoes and half The Ploys of Whackos.

So if DSS is going out of business, why is Tobin George building that huge warehouse out in Nevada, 50 miles from Reno? His Facebook page is half The Joys of Backhoes and half The Ploys of Whackos.

See TBone's post #89

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom