Is Deep Sea Supply out of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add to the information listed by Charred
After I purchased my VDH #18 wing I asked for the oring sizes of the inflator so I could self service. The reply email had no text just a link to a service kit that once purchased and posted to Australia cost more than an inflator assy. Not great service from a company that makes DIY videos.
Halcyon were more than helpful for inflator service oring sizes
Unfortunately keeping VDH running requires profit no matter how small it may be.
If you feel I have been dishonest im the way I represented the wing when you purchased it or are displeased with it in anyway you could have contacted me directly for a full refund upon return.

Thanks for your reply Brian
Your honesty was not brought into question and the item was exactly as described. I like it and enjoy using it.
Providing details on a few cents worth of orings may of made you much more profit on word of mouth sales, I am fine that you won't provide the details as I have other means to obtain what I need. Customer service is not your forte and my constuctive critisim was only that, take it or leave it.

The lift that you see on DSS wings is what you get after the wing has been attached to the tank whereas with others it is without the tank.
I posted photos of the VDH wings after they were attached to a cylinder on a scale. I'm not sure how I could or can more honestly represent the wings I sell and have put my name on. I have shared information with the public far beyond what the majority of companies selling wings do.....

I posted photos of the VDH wings after they were attached to a cylinder on a scale. I'm not sure how I could or can more honestly represent the wings I sell and have put my name on. I have shared information with the public far beyond what the majority of companies selling wings do.....

I was not referring to your product. I had spoken with Tobin asking about wing lifts because the size of his wings was similar to some others that I was seeing in the market. Except his seemed under-powered. That is what he had explained in comparison with the others that were in the market at that time.

Thanks for your reply Brian
Your honesty was not brought into question and the item was exactly as described. I like it and enjoy using it.
Providing details on a few cents worth of orings may of made you much more profit on word of mouth sales, I am fine that you won't provide the details as I have other means to obtain what I need. Customer service is not your forte and my constuctive critisim was only that, take it or leave it.
I'm interested to hear how customer service is not my forte?

Sorry if I am obtuse, but why is the lift capacity of a wing subjective?
There is no independent testing agency or protocols. A manufacturer can test the wing unmounted to a plate or tank and report that value or they can test it mounted and in use or they can calculate the volume mathematically with estimates without ever actually testing in the real world and I would guess that there can be some variation in wings because of how individual bladders seat within their covers. How a manufacturer chooses to report the lift capacity is what is subjective. The actual lift capacity is not.

Great stuff Brian
Communication is paramount to customer service. You have time to converse on this forum but when you replied to my email you were so busy or you valued my patronage so lowly that you could not even write a single character of text in the email. That was a pure fob off! This is the second time you have replied in this manner
How about

Thanks for your email Chris
I am sorry I can not supply the Oring part numbers as I (insert B#llshit reason here)
I hope you understand and thanks for your recent purchase

There 15 seconds to write that

What I and surely others want from scuba companies is to provide details about equipment when requested. Deep six/hog/Halcyon have been very good at this
Your previous post implies we should be grateful that you supply requested information, maybe we should be, maybe you should be grateful we are asking you not another supplier.

That would make a good YouTube channel.

Testing scuba gear against manufacturer specs. I imagine there is gear out there that isn't to the spec it's sold as...

Great stuff Brian
Communication is paramount to customer service. You have time to converse on this forum but when you replied to my email you were so busy or you valued my patronage so lowly that you could not even write a single character of text in the email. That was a pure fob off! This is the second time you have replied in this manner
How about

I am sorry I can not supply the Oring part numbers as I (insert B#llshit reason here)

What I and surely others want from scuba companies is to provide details about equipment when requested. Deep six/hog/Halcyon have been very good at this
Your previous post implies we should be grateful that you supply requested information, maybe we should be, maybe you should be grateful we are asking you not another supplier.
Great stuff Brian
How about

Thanks Chris, it's Bryan btw.... I am sorry that I have failed to measure up to your level of customer service.
You may have noticed that all the DIY videos I have made are for pieces of equipment I sell service kits and or parts for. Many of which require a lot of research, time and considerable financial investment.
I also apologize that my email replies to you were so brief. Aside from my full time job and family obligations VDH as my second job does not always leave me time in the day to communicate with customers at length as I should.
Again I welcome you to return the wing you purchased from me for a full refund.
Perhaps then you can purchase a wing from Halycon or Deep Six or whomever will meet the customer service expectations I have failed to fullfill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom