Is December too early for Whalesharks in Leyte?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez7378

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm coming back Dec. 6th-22nd. Since we're going to be in Burauen, I thought Diving in Sogod would be a good idea. Will it be too early for Whalesharks? Should I go with Peter's or Sogod Bay resort? Did they ban scuba with the sharks all together yet? I heard this was a consideration at one point. Any information would be much appreciated.

December is good.....the whaleshark route through the Philippines takes them from Region !!!through Region VI and Region VII. See the Whalesharks!

no ban...but they have put up organized whale shark watching tours.

or was it just a ban on a certain person from Manila that likes touching whale sharks...

just kidding!!

Hi,

I think this year you will be allowed to dive as well as snorkel with whalesharks. The local authorities have been talking about stopping diving with them for about a year or so nothing has been legislated. I did 18 or so whaleshark trips last season and snorkelling is a far better option then scuba you get to keep up with whaleshark far easier and spend more time with them.

Regards

Phil McGuire

Diving Sogod Bay Southern Leyte
Ribbon Reef
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Philippines » Home

Hi,

I think this year you will be allowed to dive as well as snorkel with whalesharks. The local authorities have been talking about stopping diving with them for about a year or so nothing has been legislated. I did 18 or so whaleshark trips last season and snorkelling is a far better option then scuba you get to keep up with whaleshark far easier and spend more time with them.

Regards

Phil McGuire

Diving Sogod Bay Southern Leyte
Ribbon Reef
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Philippines » Home

hi phil! good of you to drop by. lots of inquiries regarding them whalesharks. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom