Info Is DAN Insurance worthwhile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arranging a private jet to fly you out of a tiny island with minimal commercial flights is out of the scope for 99% of people

Arranging a private jet to fly you out of a tiny island with minimal commercial flights is out of the scope for 99% of people
For the world population I’d probably agree. For divers, I think it’s a much higher percentage that could come up with the 9k to get flown to a chamber. This boils it back to the original thread question, what’s the point of DAN if they wait 24 hours to fly someone to a chamber.

For the world population I’d probably agree. For divers, I think it’s a much higher percentage that could come up with the 9k to get flown to a chamber. This boils it back to the original thread question, what’s the point of DAN if they wait 24 hours to fly someone to a chamber.

So you don't go bankrupt from $30k in credit card bills

We agree on the DCS symptoms being casually overlooked while cooking steaks. I’m guessing they get back, Woody claimed he’s feeling better just wants to relax. No one wants to admit they are sick and put into motion a chamber ride, which would ruin Gus trip and let down Brian, I think that’s just human psychology. It’s happened to me where I didn’t want to let others down and dove when I shouldn’t have and also have ignored DCS symptoms in the past hoping it just go away.

We disagree on the DAN timeline and what DAN could do. The only reason Woody made it of Abaco and to a chamber was because he paid out of pocket 28k. DAN told woody it’d be 24 hours minimum. Woody is in and out of consciousness and realizes he’s on his own to get to a chamber. As we all know, it’s prudent to get into a chamber ASAP or risk permanent damage. Woody arranged a flight in an hour by using google. In a true emergency seems DAN is pretty useless
And you base this defamatory conclusion on a single incident where the full details are not even known yet? Great logic...

For sure, the evac/chamber concerns highlighted here do deserve more public vetting and responses from DAN so that we can all better understand what the membership and insurance will actually provide - but to claim DAN is useless is pretty silly in my opinion.

It was just a question. A legitimate one. What is that based on?
They are newer divers. Newer cave divers.
Both are clearly diving beyond their skills as both have had substantial near misses that neither finds personal fault with.

I'm not at all saying I don't/haven't done incredibly stupid things in diving that have resulted in near misses. But I have at least looked at the cause and changed something to try and prevent it happening again.
I don't see that with them.
well new to cave diving, gus got got at least 100 dive for woody i don't know.

@cerich it is probably a difficult ask, but do you think you could try asking Gus and Woody to chime in to end speculation / answer some questions in this or the other thread?
yeah, i actually happen to be chatting with Gus as I type..so easy

Just want to add a small detail here. That flight was about as short a flight by a med evac plane as it gets, most med evac flights are going to be MUCH more expensive

And you base this defamatory conclusion on a single incident where the full details are not even known yet? Great logic...

For sure, the evac/chamber concerns highlighted here do deserve more public vetting and responses from DAN so that we can all better understand what the membership and insurance will actually provide - but to claim DAN is useless is pretty silly in my opinion.
What did I say that was defamatory?

Gus is really busy right now with family stuff and wouldn't be able to keep up with the comments. He appreciates that people have questions and they will try and answer them all when possible. If not here on SB but in Divetalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom