Is Atom 3.0 worth double the price of the Atom 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've settled on getting an Atom wrist computer, but I can get an Atom 2.0 for almost HALF the price of an Atom 3.0

Obviously I would like to go with the best deal, but also don't mind spending more to get a better product.

So is an Atom 3.0 worth double the price over an Atom 2.0?

What are the real differences?

I will only be a recreational diver doing only warm water reef diving who will use Nitrox if that helps determine what I need.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I have an Atom 3 that I would sell. I also have a Shearwater Predator so it's not really needed. It has maybe 15 dives on it. Let me know if you are interested.

Why are you selling the Atom 3.0?

Any idea if the warranty also transfers with it?

Pm with a price if you'd like.

Still would like to hear others imput if the 3.0 is worth double the price of 2.0 for a recreational diver and whats really different other than the look between the two?

I'd actually prefer a nice OLED screen, but unaware what wrist based computers offer this that are also a watch. (it being a watch is a main requirement for my computer along with it being wrist mounted)

Still would like to hear others imput if the 3.0 is worth double the price of 2.0

Clearly not since you ony get 50% more!

I feel it is worth it to go with the Atom 3.0. I dive with one myself and it is amazing. The problem with the Atom 2.0 is it is very hard to navigate and get it to do what you want. Also I am pretty sure that they are no longer making the Atom 2.0 so what you find is what is left. I would def. go with the Atom 3.0 it is a much better computer. I love it.

I feel it is worth it to go with the Atom 3.0. I dive with one myself and it is amazing. The problem with the Atom 2.0 is it is very hard to navigate and get it to do what you want. Also I am pretty sure that they are no longer making the Atom 2.0 so what you find is what is left. I would def. go with the Atom 3.0 it is a much better computer. I love it.

So you had both 2.0 & 3.0 and 3.0 is really way better to spend double?

I realize that 2.0 is the older model & they are going to stop making it, but that's why it's half the price. And since I'm just going to be a recreational diving, I wasn't sure if 3.0 really brought that much more to the table to spend double...

Back
Top Bottom