Is anyone second guessing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no.

I'm safer there than driving to the airport to fly there. The worry is drug related, and Cozumel is not a big drug haven or import/export point.

The major areas of concern are Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, and Nogales, and the first two cities in particular. I do my research just south of the border and off the main roads, so I do pay a lot of attention to what's happening there.

Unless you're driving across the border through one of these areas (extremely unlikely if you're heading to Coz unless you're doing a major road trip across mexico), you should be fine. Just use the normal caution you would use when travelling at home or abroad.

no.

I'm safer there than driving to the airport to fly there. The worry is drug related, and Cozumel is not a big drug haven or import/export point.

Cozumel is NOT a big drug haven? ROFLMAO
You are kidding right?
Have you read the local paper in the last 6-12months?
There is ALOT of drug activity on Cozumel.....
And ALOT of drug busts.........

I've just spent my weekend serving food at a homeless shelter on Cass St. in Detroit. If I can survive that, I'm pretty sure Cozumel will be alright.

If you've never been there, I can understand your reservations. But San Miguel is the safest town in Central America I have ever been to.

Go, have fun and no worries.

PH

Cozumel is NOT a big drug haven? ROFLMAO
You are kidding right?
Have you read the local paper in the last 6-12months?
There is ALOT of drug activity on Cozumel.....
And ALOT of drug busts.........

It is not that I don't believe you, but could you please provide a link. I'd like to read the details myself.

Thanks,

PH

I have been to plenty of rough places its the kidnapping part that scares the crap out of me.and before you say only drug people are getting kidnapped its not true.I live in Texas and its all over the news.

I've only been back for a day & a half and I'll gladly use your ticket to return. It's an island and because it's easy to control the entry & exit you're very isolated from criminal activities on the mainland. Right now the big crime is being overcharged by businesses that don't pay a fair exchange rate for US dollars. Some pay 10:1, some 13.5 :1 some pay even more but you need to check before ordering food or drinks or you just might pay up to 50% over the price in Pesos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom